Thread: problem connection to doser 2 through usb.

Default problem connection to doser 2 through usb.

I just recieved my new doser 2 unit, and for some reason i cant seem to connect through usb to it. I have downloaded the newest control center (1.0.59) and i have added a new connection, where i have selected the doser 2, and i have tried both with auto, and with the comport i can see under device management, but no matter what i try the ghl control center, just sits for a while, and then gives me a "not responding" and i have to close it through the process list. i am running it on a windows 8.1 64bit, and it works just fine with my mitras units.

odd after no luck over a few hours, it just suddenly worked... odd...

where is the a description on that the diffrent status leds means?

i wish this part were explained a little better:

"Furthermore you also have to enter the Flow rate in ml/minute and the Maximum speed. Here the actual pump
    performance is meant, based on this indication, the GHL Doser 2 calculates the switch-on times of the dosing pump. A
    change of this setting does not influence the pump performance – this is firmly predefined by the chosen Maximum
    speed! In case of an automatic dosing you have to set furthermore the Rate per dosing. "

how big a container would you typical need for doing the calibration?
    what are the diffrent speeds for? and when dosing smaller amounts would you use the slow one to get a more preciese dosing?
    i really wish you would add the ability to get the unit to beep when dosing. its nice when you just have it setup making sure everything is running as you want.

one last thing, the power supply, and the hole to plug it into the unit, is verry lose. if you touch the power cord, just a little the ghl doser loses power, even though when you look at it, it dosent look like its unplugged. If you touch it just a little it also loses power, is this common ? becaus the unit would easly lose power when running, if you by accident just touch the power cable just a little. i am a bit disapointed by souch a simple thing, not being done better.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by StarF; 07.12.2014 at 20:59.

the power connection isue can be solved by making the hole on the backplate a bit bigger, so the connection can get a better lock. the hole is to small, so its only the small metal pin that is able to go inside. If you make the backplate hole a bit bigger, so the power plug can go through it, it will lock and hold much better.

where is the a description on that the diffrent status leds means?
    We will upload a new manual with the LED description today.

how big a container would you typical need for doing the calibration?
    For the max. speed you need not more than 1l.

what are the diffrent speeds for? and when dosing smaller amounts would you use the slow one to get a more preciese dosing?
    With the max. speed you dose approx. 40 ml per minute and with the min. speed approx. 7 ml per minute. This can vary from pump to pump.
    If you dose a big amount you should use the max. speed, for small amounts you should use the min. speed. So yes, the slowest means more precise dosing.

i really wish you would add the ability to get the unit to beep when dosing. its nice when you just have it setup making sure everything is running as you want.
    I put it on the wishlist, maybe we can implement it in on of the next firmware versions.

one last thing, the power supply, and the hole to plug it into the unit, is verry lose. if you touch the power cord, just a little the ghl doser loses power, even though when you look at it, it dosent look like its unplugged. If you touch it just a little it also loses power, is this common ? becaus the unit would easly lose power when running, if you by accident just touch the power cable just a little. i am a bit disapointed by souch a simple thing, not being done better.
    I will clarify this and will contact you as fast as possible.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thank you for the fast answers.

The power plug problem requeres a backplate with a bit larger hole in it, so the whole power plug can be incertet into it, and not just the metal part. It can be solved by manualy drilling the hole a bit larger i guess.

This is not common, you should contact your retailer for a replacement.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

i will do, but the doser was brand new, and unopened, so i think there will be more isues of this, other than mine. IT seems odd, that the hole for the power plug was only drilled to small in one backplate.

Quote Originally Posted by StarF View Post
    Thank you for the fast answers.

The power plug problem requeres a backplate with a bit larger hole in it, so the whole power plug can be incertet into it, and not just the metal part. It can be solved by manualy drilling the hole a bit larger i guess.
    Is this what you are referring to?

Yes, on my doser the hole had to be drilled manualy a bit bigger so the plug could lock the connection proberly.