Thread: PH and Temp sensor

Default PH and Temp sensor

Hi,

What is the life expectancy of the temp and PH probe? I've had the for a couple of years, noticed that the PH was a bit off and temp differed for about 1 deg C. After closer inspection I could see
    that the glass tip was broken on both sensors.

I have a reef aquarium with sensors located in the sump, maybe a crab or hermit crab attacked them.

Do I need to recalibrate the temp sensor in any way when I replace it, I have adjusted the temp manually with +1 deg C as it show the wrong temp now.

--Mats

Hello,

regarding warranty and lifetime of probes, have a look here:

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/en-...ee-for-sensors

If the temp sensor doesn't show the correct value, then you can calibrate it. This is only possible via
    the Profilux menu (sensor settings/ temperature/ calibration), not via the PC-Software. This recreates the default calibration of the temp measurement.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Ok, thanks!

Is there any way to tell when it's time to replace a PH sensor? I have another older PH sensor that's been in service for about 4 years. Still seems to show a fair value and I frequently use the calibration fluid.

Regarding temp calibration. If I replace my temp sensor should I replace the calibration values for ADC1/ADC2 to its original values as they changed when I used the adjust temp setting in the PC app?

Thanks,

Mats

Quote Originally Posted by Aufgedyng View Post
    Ok, thanks!

Is there any way to tell when it's time to replace a PH sensor? I have another older PH sensor that's been in service for about 4 years. Still seems to show a fair value and I frequently use the calibration fluid.
    I replace when it takes a very long time to calibrate (very slow to move up or down in ph when placing into the buffers).
    Or for if after calibration there is inconsistencies with readings (matched to the other ph test system I have)
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

Quote Originally Posted by Aufgedyng View Post
    Regarding temp calibration. If I replace my temp sensor should I replace the calibration values for ADC1/ADC2 to its original values as they changed when I used the adjust temp setting in the PC app?

Thanks,

Mats
    Yes, then please calibrate temperature at the ProfiLux device (not via PC-Software) under Sensor settings/Temperature/Calibration.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

ok, thanks!