Thread: AWC with auto-pre-fill reservoir?

Frage AWC with auto-pre-fill reservoir?

Hi,
    I’m sure you more experienced Profilux users could achieve this. I, however, am a completely confused noob. I hope you can help me, please!

How do I set up AWC with an automatically pre-filled reservoir?

This is an auto water change system. The system has a reservoir from which the aquarium is filled. The purpose of the reservoir is to dose dechlorinator, conditioner, ferts, etc prior to the water entering the main aquarium.

I want the AWC to not start until the reservoir is full. The reservoir fills via a mains pipe controlled by a solenoid valve. I want the reservoir to fill only once and then not refill until the next AWC is due the following week.

Here is what I have;
    A solenoid (socket 2) controls mains water from my garden tap to fill the reservoir.
    A solenoid (socket 1) controls the drainage of water from my aquarium.
    A pump (socket 3) takes the water in the reservoir to the aquarium.
    Optical sensor 1 – maximum aquarium level
    Optical sensor 2 – minimum aquarium level
    Optical sensor 3 – maximum reservoir level

I’m sure this is easy for you more experienced Profilux users. But the more I read the more I suspect the failed solutions I've tried are overcomplicated.

BTW, I have a Profilux 3.1N

Thanks for your help!
    Andrew

Ok, I've figured out how to run the AWC (socket 1&3 with sensor 1&2) on a timer, with the pre-fill of the reservoir run by ATO (socket 2 with sensor 3) triggered by a timer a few minutes before the AWC timer.

What I can't figure out is how to ensure the AWC doesn't start if sensor 3 doesn't sense that the reservoir is full. This is important because there is a risk that the garden tap which fills the reservoir is off and doesn't allow the reservoir to fill.

Programmable logic? This is where I get completely lost. Or is there another way?

Thanks!
    Andrew
    Last edited by funkyaneurysm; 20.11.2014 at 04:49.

There is no way to programmable logic what you are trying to do.
    The only input to the AWC setup up is Timer. There is no option to put a PL item there.

Of course GHL may prove me wrong!
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!