Thread: Need help with Level sensor

Default Need help with Level sensor

The level sensor has stop functioning. I've updated the firmware to 6.11 and reconfigured the level sensor and socket function. I also notice a diagnostic code "12" under the Level function on the Profilux Controller. Please advice.

Quote Originally Posted by akaewlium View Post
    The level sensor has stop functioning. I've updated the firmware to 6.11 and reconfigured the level sensor and socket function.
    Here we need some more information:
    -Which kind of sensor do you use (Floater, Optolevel?) and for which function (ATO, AWC?)?
    -The sensor has already stopped working before you made the update and reprogramming, right?
    -Can you please post some screenshots of the settings?
    -Have you already tested the sensor with the diagnosis menu? Have a look here:
    Diagnosemenü Level.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by akaewlium View Post
    I also notice a diagnostic code "12" under the Level function on the Profilux Controller. Please advice.
    Where exactly does this message appear?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

1. Optolevel sensor and ATO function
    2. The sensor has already stopped working before the firmware update reprogramming.
    3. Screen shot below
    4. The "Diagnostic 12" message is shown in the controller unit when you select the Level function on the Profilux Controller unit.
    level-sensor-setting.JPG

Diagnostic 12 and your screenshot show that level sensor 1 and 2 both have contact with water (or are not plugged into the ProfiLux).

Does the level sensor react correctly with "X" resp. "-" in the diagnosis menu of GCC or with "1" and "blank" in the Profilux display if you
    simulate water/no water?

If not, then the article could be defective - please contact your retailer for further steps.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

One more hint:
    Your ProfiLux has firmware 6.11 and you're using ProfiLuxControl.
    ProfiluxControl supports only up to firmware 6.05.

So this could also be a reason why the level control doesn't work properly.

We recommend to use GHL Control Center instead - please have a try:
    http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/do...do=file&id=223

I tried to configured the OptoLevel Sensor with both ProfiLuxControl and GHL Control Center. I will stop using ProfiluxControl; thanks for the info. The Profilux Controller Display is always showing "Diagnostic 12"; does not matter what I do.

The Profilux Controller Display is always showing "Diagnostic 12"; does not matter what I do.
    As said above, this means the sensors are not connected properly.