Thread: LEDControl4

Default LEDControl4

Maybe I should of said LedControl V2

Oh wow I am confused with reading the manual on this. I have a DIY leds and want to control a number of LED strings, I understand the passive unit and using meanwell LDD drivers however I want the least amount of components. My white / blue LED's require 700ma and my exotic LED's I want to run them at 350 mA

from the manual (LEDControl V2) page 1 it states "and includes drivers for the direct connection of LEDs" everything else in the manual makes me believe it is just 4 transistor outputs which in fact you cannot directly connect to LED's.

Technical data
    Input voltage range 5 V … 48 V,
    Maximal current per channel or in sum 5 A
    Number of channels 4
    Input voltage range analog inputs 0 V … 10 V
    PWM-switching frequency 122Hz

In my application I have LED strings of 12 LED's so 48VDC supply is great its just how do I set the current ?
    Last edited by bad_inferno; 23.09.2014 at 12:28.

The LedControlV2 is able to dim up to 4 LED fixtures with constant voltage input. The LED fixture itself has to ensure the max. current. It´s not a current control circuit!

There are a lot of LED lamps in the market (like AquaStyl or Lumlight) which are designed for a constant input voltage of 12V. The current control is done by internal resistors. With the LedControlV2 you can dim this fixtures without problems.

If you can´t power your DIY LED with constant voltage, you have to use the meanwell drivers (or others) for current control.