Thread: LEDs erratic with EVG-AP-2f-HIC

Ausrufezeichen LEDs erratic with EVG-AP-2f-HIC

Hello,

My LED unit is not working as required via the EVG-AP-2f-HIC.

I have just installed the EVG-AP-2f-HIC on my Profilux 3.1N (6.11). It is hooked up to a Meanwell ELN-60-48D powering 13 or 15 (tried both amounts) Cree LEDs.

This LED unit worked fine for years prior to connecting it to the EVG.

Oddly, the LEDs seem to respond to channel 2.

Below is a table of LED responses to given Profilux commands from the Illumination screen of ProfiluxControl. I have listed the response of the LEDs when changing from one state to another via ProfiluxControl's Illumination screen.

0.5 second flash at about 100% When adding channel 1 and 2 after no channel active
    Slow fade from 100% to 20% then LEDs turn off When deleting channel 2 after both channels active
    No light When adding channel 1 after no channels active
    No light When deleting channel 1 after both channels active
    No light When adding channel 1 after only channel 2 active
    Slow fade from 100% to 20% then LEDs turn off When deleting channel 1 and 2 after both channels active
    No light When deleting channel 1 after only channel 1 active
    fade up from 0% to 10% then fade back to 0% Takes 3 seconds. When adding channel 2 after no channel active
    fade up from 0% to 10% then fade back to 0% Takes 3 seconds. When adding channel 2 after only channel 1 active
    No light When deleting channel 2 after only channel 2 active

Importantly, I'm not planning to open an aquatic disco. Otherwise, this performance would be perfect!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Andrew
    Last edited by funkyaneurysm; 14.10.2014 at 00:36. Reason: Tables clearly don't hold their formatting! :)

The possible cause at the top of my list is the connector on the EVG which receives the 6 wires from the Profilux control line.

When installing the wires in this connector, I believe the connector was faulty as it would not grip wire 1 (black) or 2 (brown), though it gripped the other 4.

So I removed all the wires from the connector and soldered them to the corresponding pins on the underside of the PCB. I have checked and double-checked this installation and am fairly convinced there is no short and that there are no swapped wires. However, if the pins on the underside of the board do not obviously correspond with the position of the connector holes, this could be the issue.

Does anyone have any knowledge of the pins on this connector?

Thanks for your help,
    Andrew

At first: You best should refer to the manual and the numbering there: http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/...oad.php?did=80

if the pins on the underside of the board do not obviously correspond with the position of the connector holes
    I think you are talking about connector X105. The connector is a standard part, there is no reason why the pins should be swapped

For the following I have to say: Power voltage is dangerous. Improper use makes you small, black and smoky.

Check the following with disconnected power, fixtures and drivers:

In manual dim mode you should hear the click of the relay if you change a channel from 0% to 1% -
    This should happen for the right relay: Channel 1 controls upper relay, channel 2 lower relay (refering to the pic in the manual)

If the relay don´t click, the wiring may be wrong or the relay is sticked

If you have an voltmeter, you can test additional:

In manual dim mode you should be able to measure 0% to 100% - proportional 1-10V at the following connectors:
    Channel 1 controls X104 / left two pins, channel 2 controls X104 right two pins (refering to the pic in the manual)