Thread: AI LED comm

Default AI LED comm

Matthias, this evening I came home and evidently the comm has gone out on the profilux to the AI LEDs. I recently sent Chris at AI a LED bank which had the flashing problem. Chris was awesome and repaired and sent back within a week. But now it appears the RS 232 is not working. I tried all four banks with the Profilux and connection with no results. Lights are working with AIs controller until this gets fixed. I realize the one possible problem is the cable but is there a way to test this and confirm if its the cable or the rs 232 connection?

we had a similar problem in the past, there the ProfiLux COM was damaged while being connected to the AI modules - Chris said this may caused through a ground loop or a voltage spike or something like that, he was not sure

maybe we are more lucky in this case and "only" the cable is defective. You can check it quite easy when you open the 3.5mm jack - look for broken wires or short circuits

Well bad news, cord looks fine with no broken wires. Im assuming at this point it must be the RS232.
    Any ideas on this Matthias?

please contact us directly by email, we will try to find a fix for this