Thread: 6D powerbar stopped working

Default 6D powerbar stopped working

Hi Forum!

I have a profilux IIex that have been using for almost 5 years now. I have on it a 4d analog bar and a 6D digital powerbar. Recently my 6D bar stopped working and the only LED that is on is the PWR led and flashing green. I get no comms and of course no power to any of the plugs. Is it dead? Is there a way to hard reset it?

Thanks a lot in advance for your response

Do you have a ProfiLux II eX or a ProfiLux Plus II eX?
    At which S-ports are the powerbars connected?

You don't have a Dosing Unit whose cable you could try with the Powerbar, do you?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I have a ProfiLux Plus IIeX and the 6D is connected on S1-S4. This system has been configured like this and working flawlessly for 4 years so it is not a new config that does not work. The 6D powerbar stopped working suddenly, just on my morning checklist I found it sitting with all plugs off, PWR LED flashing green and COM LED off. What is the meaning of the PWR LED flashing?

Have a look at this (excerpt of Powerbar manual):

"The green LED indicates that power is present. If the data transfer between ProfiLux and the digital
    powerbar is interrupted for more than one minute the digital powerbar restores the initial socket
    states and the green LED starts blinking. The yellow LED shows that there is communication with ProfiLux."

So it seems the connection Powerbar - ProfiLux is interrupted.

Possible reasons:

-defective S-Port
    -defective connection cable
    -defective Powerbar

The best would be to send all devices (ProfiLux + Powerbar) for checking to GHL.
    For further details regarding the return process please contact GHL directly by e-mail.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Dear Carolin,

Thank you for your response, taking the computer out of operation poses great threat in my system as beeing in Cyprus would mean that at least one month would be required for this process to complete. So what I will do first is use the connection cable that is currently used at the analog power bar to see if this fixes the issue so as to look at the cable possibility. If that fails then I will transfer the analog bar on S1-S4 to see if that works to look at the S-Port functionality. If you agree with that this testing procedure should safely through the process of elimination point me out on what the problem is I will go ahead and do it.

Hello,

yes, you can follow this testing procedure as you described it.

Hello,
    I have to revive this thread as I have a similar issue with my 6D powerbar connected to Profilux Plus II EX. It was very close but likely the bottom portion got wet during a recent flood of our basement - I have it mounted on the wall so that the LED's and control line connection are at the top with the sockets arranged vertically. I think likely the bottom most socket and possibly the one above it got wet based on the water line on the wall.

My situation is nearly identical to what marios described above "I have a ProfiLux Plus IIeX and the 6D is connected on S1-S4. This system has been configured like this and working flawlessly for 4 years so it is not a new config that does not work. The 6D powerbar stopped working suddenly, just on my morning checklist I found it sitting with all plugs off, PWR LED flashing green and COM LED off. What is the meaning of the PWR LED flashing?"

In my situation, socket #3 works continuously and this LED is lit. All other socket LED's are off. COM LED is off. PWR LED is flashing green.

1.) Is it possible to replace this with another 6D powerbar? or are they no longer available?
    2.) Can I instead purchase and connect a STDL4-4 powerbar and of course only have 4 controllable sockets?

Thanks,
    Andy

Nevermind - since I have a replacement controller now I realized that I didn't yet reprogram the digital sockets. I just did that and the powerbar is functioning normally. To be honest, it might not even got wet - as I mentioned the flood water level was very close judging by a line on the wall.