Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I cant work this one out ..

Default I cant work this one out ..

I have 3 Mitras lights that i am unable to control and am running out of options to get them working...

I am running the latest version of control centre, i did a firmware upgrade on the profilux this morning from 6.1 to 6.11.

I run a PWC card in the Profilux and when i look under system in the profilux it shows it as connected, the lights are static green & red flashing. PWC is set on channel 16 address 1 - The mitras lights are set in channel 16 with addresses of 2,3, & 4 - i am unable to connect wirelessly to any of these lights through control centre as it keeps coming up with connection errors.

When i go to light composer it will allow me (most times) to start with a template but when i try to "test illumination run" nothing happens (i have transmitted illumination run to channels before trying this)

I have spent a number of hours looking through the forum over the last few days but cannot find anything so i am stuck.... one thing i have noticed is that when i go to device manager on PC i dont see PWC under other devices so am unable to verify port numbers but i dont know if this matters or not, when i did the original set up i had the lights connected by USB and all drivers associated with this set up were loaded as expected.

Any tips would be appreciated as currently the PWC card doesn't appear to be working as it should.

Is your Profilux the master and the 3 Mitras slaves?
    Perry
    A screen shot is worth a thousand words...

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras
    Controlling a 150 DSA Peninsula mixed reef.

Hi, The Mitras units are all set as slaves, I was under the impression the PWC automatically assumes the role of master (i cant find any settings associated with the role of the PWC) but im confident this aspect is all correct.

When you transmit to the Mitras do you save after?
    Perry

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras

When you mean save do you mean update view? the "save changes" option in the settings menu is greyed out.... what i do is ...
    1 - load the template for the light
    2- i " transmit illumination to run to illumination channels"
    3 - once the channels have finished loading i then select "test illumination run" box and watch for changes - nothing happens
    4 - click "update view" try testing illumination run again

i have swapped steps 3 & 4 around - no difference it just doesn't want to send the settings to the mitras... its very frustrating as i have recently swapped out radions for the mitras in the hope they would be more consistent in their control and im beginning to wonder if this was a good move.

What you're doing sounds right. When you say you watch for changes, are you using the slider on the bar? Other than that I'm not sure what you're doing wrong.
    Perry

Thank for trying to help Perry ... perhaps someone else has some ideas ... im baffled by it.

Mine doesn't show up in device manager on the PC, I think once installed the PWC is between the Profilux and Mitras. The PC only lets you manipulate the lights. On mine the channel is 11 instead of 16, just mentioning it as I don't see why this should matter since all PWC and mitras are the same. Addresses are sequentially different and that's correct. I do remember a thread where the user was still using XP and that was a problem. If you have a MAC, I don't know much about them. I'm certain it is something simple we're missing. With the newest firmware it should work without problem, I love not having to run a USB to play with the lights. If I think of something else to try I'll let you know.
    Perry

I have just taken the card out to make sure it was seated properly and all pins were ok, everything was in order and i have tried again ... still the same

I have just done a factor reset on all lights, reset all devices to a different channel (different than before) and reset all lights as slave, i then went to the web interface selected manaul mode and was able to change the lights ... i then set up another template and it seems to eb working now, its been a bit tempermental when running "illumination run" but it works (if i hold the slider down its fine, if i dont hold it down the lights go off !!

ANyway it looks like its working again