Thread: ProgramLogic question........

Frage ProgramLogic question........

I want to do the following, but I don't know how to get it to work, or perhaps it is not even possible.....

Socket 10 is the dedicated waterpump for the UV light and designated to be always on.
    Socket 13 is my UV light, and is designated to Illumination 8.

When I am using manual override through the Touch or the GHL Control Center, and I switch off(in manual override) the waterpump(Socket 10) I also would like that Socket 13(UV light) is also automatically switched off, so that the UV filter is not fried when there is no water flowing through it.

(I have used up all my four maintenance modes, so I can not use those to solve my problem)

sockets.jpg

I don't think that you can create programmable logic that uses a socket state as an input. This means that the process you are after won't work.

What you can do is make both socket 10 and socket 13 dependant on the status of Illumination 8 and then manage the Illumination rather than the sockets.

Its not exactly what you are looking for, but may help.

eg.
    If you set up Programmable Logic 1 to be
    Function Delayed On
    Input Illumination 8
    Time 30 s
    Then assign socket 13 to be controlled by Programmable Logic 1.
    This will mean that the UV lamp is controlled by Illumination 8 with a 30 second delay so it is not turned on when the water is not flowing.

Assign socket 10 to be Illumination 8
    This will start and stop the pump based on your Illumination run.

The result of this is that you can manually manage the UV and Pump on/off via Illumination 8 in the Touch or the GHL Control Center

Another way may be to asign socket #10 as Filter #2 (3/4, if not free) and use the feeding pause to switch it off.

Now you are able to "grab" the switching with the logic functions.

That a nice workaround....... but it would be nicer when I just could select "sockets X" in the ProgramLogic.
    But the feedingpause method will do for now.
    Thanks...............

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    Another way may be to asign socket #10 as Filter #2 (3/4, if not free) and use the feeding pause to switch it off.

Now you are able to "grab" the switching with the logic functions.