Thread: Problems with dosing pumps

Default Problems with dosing pumps

Hi

I have one profilux 3ex, latest firmware (6.11) and I use the latest software of GHL Control Center. At S1 – S4 I have one dosing unit with four pumps (socket 1-4), two digital power bars (socket 9-14 and socket 15-19) At S5-S8 I have one conventional power bar which use socket 5-8. I´m going to add one more dosing unit and want to use socket 21-24 on S1-S4 for these four pumps. But I cannot program this second dosing unit to use these 4 sockets. I am able to programing the unit to use all other combinations of four - socket 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-16 and 17-20 but not 21-24. I have also tested with my old dosing pump unit of four – the same problem – I can´t program it to use socket 21-24. During all of these experiments the conventional power bar was disconnected and S5-8 was not used. At S1-4 was only the device I want to program connected. Any suggestions?

Sincerely Lasse

From the software side, it should definitely be possible to program these numbers to the Dosing Unit:

DosingUnit nummerieren.JPG

How do you realize that it doesn't work? Are you able to type in the numbers as in the screenshot above
    and can you save this setting? Or is there already a problem to make the setting itself?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I do the way your screenshot show. I press continue and after that save. Everything indicate that the dosing unit has accepted the programming. But when I try to confirm the settings by setting the actual sockets (21 - 24) to on (manual override) – the corresponding pump does not run. If I program in all other ways (socket 1-4; 5-8; 9-12; 13-16 and 17-20) I´m able to confirm the settings by setting actual socket to on (1-20) (manual override). It is the same with an old dosing unit (more than 5 years old) and my new dosing unit (bought spring 2014). I´m not think I am doing anything wrong when I program the unit – there must be something wrong with my computer or the firmware. I have not tested it with earlier firmware. On Monday - I have an opportunity to test the settings with another Profilux Computer and another dosing unit – just to confirm if it is my computer that has a fault or not. The firmware will be the same.

Sincerely Lasse

Now I have done some further testings and I´m rather sure there is a bug including S-ports 23-24 and 47-48.. I have only test with dosing units and do not know if it is the same with powerbars.

Today I test with another profilux computer and another dosing unit with four pumps. I was not able to program it to work with S ports 21-24 or with S ports 45 – 48 - however there was no problems to program the dosing unit to use S port 19-22 or S ports 43-45 but as soon as I include S port 23-24 or S port 47-48 – the dosing unit did not take the programming. Yes I moved the cable from S1-S4 to S5-S8 when I tested port 45-48.

I have tested with 2 different Profilux Computers and 3 different 4 pump dosing units and its the same. However I did not test if my Profilux computer at home accepted 19-22 or 43-45 or not.

I use the same firmware and version of Control Center as i did at home

Sincerely Lasse

Thank you for your tests and feedback. We will test this and get back to you.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

the highest start numer you can chose is 19, this is determined by the 6way digital powerbar wgich needs 6 channels (19 ... 24), and the doser uses the same firmware for decoding

-> doser and powerbar-6d must not have higher start number than 19

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    the highest start numer you can chose is 19, this is determined by the 6way digital powerbar wgich needs 6 channels (19 ... 24), and the doser uses the same firmware for decoding

-> doser and powerbar-6d must not have higher start number than 19
    That explain the problem. Thank you for clearing this thing up.

At my computer at home I had S1-4 for dosing pumps; S5-8 for a regular power bar connected to port S5-8 (the standard for regular power bars connected to port S5-8); one digital power bar at S9-14; one digital power bar at S15-20 and S21-24 free. I solve the problem directly through take away the regular power bar and use S5-8 to the new dosing unit. I understand that I am able to use the regular power bar at S5-8 and reprogram my digital power bars to use S13-18 and S19-24 and use S9-12 for my new unit. But I do not need the regular power bar for the moment.

Sincerely Lasse

By the way Matthias - I´m the guy with the many pH probes that talk with you at Interzoo