Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mitras display is dark

No

this is a really strange case

there is absolutely no reasonable explanation for this, there is no connection between a firmware update and a non-working background-illumination of the LCD

we had this never at any Mitras we sold in the past 2 years, and this were a few thousand

the key-LEDs and the BG-LED are driven by the same circuit, so they just can't have a different brightness

by any chance - did you open the enclosure for performing the update and broke something doing this?

are we talking about a lack of brightness or is the contrast too low?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

No never opened and yes lack of brightness they do brighten up slightly but not enough to read in daylight once the lights dim at night it is just barely readable

In saying that you have never seen this before there was a post of yours that i seen with another person where you offered to replace the lcd to keep him happy so i find your statement incorrect

Is the contrast something i should look at even though its never been touched?
    Last edited by muz_zz; 28.08.2014 at 09:54.

no, we had never a case were the background-LED was damaged through a firmware update

and having 2x the same problem at the same customer is also very extraordinary

are you sure it is the brightness and not the contrast? for the contrast an explanation would be possible, have to check this more in detail

you can check this when you watch the area around the active araea of the display, a small frame of about 2mm thickness - does this change the brightness when you alter the brightness settings?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I can see it brighten and dim yes but it is like it only goes to 10% maybe at 100%

But the buttons go very bright and very dim if I reduce the brightness to 10% it is hardly visible at night with no lights on at 100% it is readable at night with no lights on but the buttons are very bright once at 100%

I have no explanation, I checked the schematics again, the LEDs of the keys and the display are even in parallel, so the must have the same brightness

totally confused

so I see only one option: return both lamps to the factory for further investigation

doing just a replacement of the display-board makes not much sense, because I can't say for sure what part is damaged

especially the fact that both displays got dark after an update makes this all very strange

please contact us directly for further details

I would live to return them just so you could see it and what is happening but what lights do I run over my tank in the mean time?
    All my corals would not do to good with out lights and putting a different light up would do them no good either so I stuffed I guess

As you can see in the above pics I attached that the buttons are bright but the lcd is not did you see these Matthais?

yes I am aware of this problem but how else can we handle a repair?

please contact us directly to discuss how to proceed

Thanks Matthias for your help I will send a email

I was hoping it was something else that was wrong and didn't need repair as that is not what I was after but thanks for offering

Quote Originally Posted by muz_zz View Post
    So this is what i have done
    Changed the firmware back to v1.14 no good
    Reset the factory settings in v1.14 no good
    Changed the firware back to v1.17 no good
    Restet factory settings in v1.17 no good

Buttons still dim and brighten with changes to the settings just not the lcd

Every time i done one of the steps i changed the settings for the brightness and saved changes and updated view still no good

Has this happened to anyone else?
    If so is there a cure? Or if not can the lcd panels be changed for new ones?
    This has happened to one of my mitras aswell, infact when sent mine in for a repair, and when i got it back it wasent fixed still, so i just left it like it was, as i couldent do with out my light any longer. If i could buy another lcd display i would just pay for that, rater than having my tank running with out light.