Thread: Some questions

Default Some questions

First of all, thanks for a very interesting lamp. I am very curious what this nice light can do with my sps aquarium.
    I have got these lx7206 not long ago and have some questions.

1) it says firmware 1.05 on the display. Is that the latest one? I lost contact with one slave and that slave was froozen. Is that a common issue? Now it works again after disconnect and then connect power supply.
    2) i did not load the latest GCC but that one before as the latest is a beta. Should I run the latest beta instead? If i do that do I also have to upgrade firmware (i have now 1.05)?
    3) in the light composer you can besides the "power slide bar" se the watt (and lumen). If I for instance set all channel to 100 % and the main power out to 100% with the main output power slide, why does it not says around 125 w then? I think it says only around 88-90 watt even with Max on all channel and power outlet to 100%. I the settings I have efficiency mode(80%) so I thought that was equal to around 125 w when going 100% on all channel?
    4) if i try same as above and set it to high output mode it still only shows around 88-90 watt when all channel are at 100% and outlet main power also at 100%.
    5) in the settings I have in power balanced technogy part choose 130% on royal blue and hyperviolet. Is it correct then that if i for instance then again in the light composer choose 100 % on all channel and then diminuate for instance the white 7200k-channel, then if i do not diminuate that to more than 70%, the royal blue and hyperviolet should rise correspondanly to almost 130% max and thus no decrease in output overall effect?
    When i do this and decrease a little on some channel without the royal blue and hyperviolet, the overall effect still decrease. It shouldnt according to the power balansen technology as long as i only decrease other channel within these 30%??
    6) I cannot get the wi-fi to work. Well it is ok to have the usb cable but it would ne nice. I found a YT tutorial on your US website but it still do not work. I have in communications settled the SSID and oassword and also noted the IP adress and then made a new connection and did not choose usb but the other below(network something) and typed the IP adress in the field "name"

Thanks in advance for support and for a very interesting lamp. I like very much the light so far:-)

Regards
    Jonas
    Last edited by Jonasroman; 30.01.2017 at 09:38.

Hi Jonas,

1. Firmware 1.04 is currently our latest version found in GCC version 1.0.9.1. Disconnections from other LX7 devices is certainly not normal. Can you please tell me what is the WiFi module firmware version? This is found in the Communications page.

2. Running GCC version 1.0.9.1 is sufficient.

3. When you run the fixtures on High Efficiency mode, the power is capped at 130W max. This figure includes the wattage of the driver. This means that the output power of the fixture runs at 100% power based on High Efficiency mode, not 100% of TOTAL power. If you run on High Output mode, then you have access to the full power of the fixture.

4. Did you save your settings when you switched to High Output mode?

5. Let's say you set the Power Balancing feature to run RB and HV at 130%. IF you only have 1 LED channel which is not running at 100%, White at 70%, then this means you have 30% of remaining power which is then equally distributed among the RV and HV channels, 15% each.

6. When you make a new connection in GCC, the IP address must be entered into the HOST field, not the "Name" field.
    Last edited by Vinny; 30.01.2017 at 16:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Hi Jonas,

1. Firmware 1.04 is currently our latest version found in GCC version 1.0.9.1. Disconnections from other LX7 devices is certainly not normal. Can you please tell me what is the WiFi module firmware version? This is found in the Communications page.

2. Running GCC version 1.0.9.1 is sufficient.

3. When you run the fixtures on High Efficiency mode, the power is capped at 130W max. This figure includes the wattage of the driver. This means that the output power of the fixture runs at 100% power based on High Efficiency mode, not 100% of TOTAL power. If you run on High Output mode, then you have access to the full power of the fixture.

4. Did you save your settings when you switched to High Output mode?

5. Let's say you set the Power Balancing feature to run RB and HV at 130%. IF you only have 1 LED channel which is not running at 100%, White at 70%, then this means you have 30% of remaining power which is then equally distributed among the RV and HV channels, 15% each.

6. When you make a new connection in GCC, the IP address must be entered into the HOST field, not the "Name" field.
    Hi and thanks for answer

here is my answer and questions in turn
    1) In my GCC softare it says version 1.05...strange...see picture...well, I guess that that means that i nevertheless do not have to upgrade, but the version number seems to be some confusions? it also says 1.04 on GHL homesite, but in my units it says 1.05.
    2) When I test high output mode this only is visible at the master unit, the setting of energy mode is not transmitted to the slaves. I have now manually connected to each slave via USB and settled the energy mode on each unit. Is this the correct way?
    3) I also ment the host field, I typed the IP address there, and it do not work anyway. But just now, I will be fine with USB, but hope this option will work for me in future. I cannot see any instructions in the manual how to do.
    4) Many thanks for explanation how PBF works. Now i know how to set this. But also here these settings was not transfered to the slaves, so I had to do it on each unit. No big deal, but is that the way it ment to be?
    5) The loose of contact only happened once so maybe i will not change anything now, it seems stable now.
    6) The wifi module firmware is 6219

Jonas
    Last edited by Jonasroman; 30.01.2017 at 21:10.

You can change the output energy settings from the side-display itself. No need to connect via USB to do this. Simply press the arrow keys and go to Energy Settings for each fixture.

Regarding the wifi connection, if you followed the steps in our video, your network will assign an IP address for each fixture. Check to see that all the settings are entered correctly. Please also post a screenshot of the Communications settings page.

PBT is adjusted independently at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    You can change the output energy settings from the side-display itself. No need to connect via USB to do this. Simply press the arrow keys and go to Energy Settings for each fixture.

Regarding the wifi connection, if you followed the steps in our video, your network will assign an IP address for each fixture. Check to see that all the settings are entered correctly. Please also post a screenshot of the Communications settings page.

PBT is adjusted independently at this time.
    Thanks again. I understand.
    And concerning wi-fi, I Will look again at the video and try.

Just one more question concerning the efficiency output thing:
    If i choose then High output mode, there is also here a % -settings so if I for instance choose high output mode and write 80% does that mean that even if i run the luminarism schedule at 100% in mainpower, it means that the diods run at 80 % of their maximum capacity? (Thus also reduced a little in high output mode)?

The energy settings is where you set the maximum total output of the fixture.

When you create your light schedule with light composer, you set the percentage intensity for that time point. If you set this to 100% the channels will be maxed at 80% power if energy setting is set to 80%.

thanks

frozen unit today again. i open a new thread concerning this so all can take part of your support.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jonasroman; 31.01.2017 at 12:14.

Just wants to report. WIFI works now!...it was some conflict between my router and the unit, restarted the router and both wifi direct to the units and to the GHLcloud works. Very nice and thanks for the support and video tutorial:-)

in the light composer you can besides the "power slide bar" se the watt (and lumen). If I for instance set all channel to 100 % and the main power out to 100% with the main output power slide, why does it not says around 125 w then? I think it says only around 88-90 watt even with Max on all channel and power outlet to 100%. I the settings I have efficiency mode(80%) so I thought that was equal to around 125 w when going 100% on all channel?
    4) if i try same as above and set it to high output mode it still only shows around 88-90 watt when all channel are at 100% and outlet main power also at 100%.
    the watt displayed in the light composer is not the electrical power, it is the radiation power of the light sources (here: LEDs)
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.