Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skimmer Delay

Default Skimmer Delay

This is the PL I'm using for a skimmer delay, doesn't work, can someone tell me why?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Perry
    A screen shot is worth a thousand words...

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras
    Controlling a 150 DSA Peninsula mixed reef.

Anyone?
    Perry

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras

Did you assign the socked the skimmer is plugged in to the programmable logic?
    1000L SPS dom., 4x Mitras LX 6100 HV, GHL ProfiLux 3ex, KH Director, Expansionbox, SMS-Modul, Dosing Unit 4, ATI Powercone 250i, Shuran Jetstream 1 CA reactor,......

I assign PL3 to the socket, I have the skimmer shut off for AWC and I have a pressure switch to shut off the skimmer when the waste container is full. I have the logic as follows:
    PL1
    SkimDelay.jpg
    PL2
    SkimOffAWC.jpg
    PL3
    SkimOffWasteFull.jpg

The skimmer shuts off for AWC and when waste container is full. The only logic that doesn't work is the delay, so something must be illogical with my logic.
    I did the logic like this so the skimmer delays any time I shut it off, even after maintenance.
    Thanks for the reply,
    Perry

Bueller? GHL?
    Perry

Was braucht es, um zu bekommen GHL um zu helfen?
    Perry

So, I guess by GHL's silence this isn't possible? A simple skimmer delay? Really?
    Perry

To be honest, it's hard to help you. Your description of your problem is not really clear, nor the result either the trigger of the function.

Tell us step by step what you're aiming for (end result of action) and cause (what will trigger it? And if in sequence what will follow what?

An brief description of your setup would be also helpful.
    1000L SPS dom., 4x Mitras LX 6100 HV, GHL ProfiLux 3ex, KH Director, Expansionbox, SMS-Modul, Dosing Unit 4, ATI Powercone 250i, Shuran Jetstream 1 CA reactor,......

Thanks for the reply, I will try to be more specific.

My system: Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras

PL1 sets the skimmer delay
    PL2 turns skimmer off for AWC
    PL3 turns skimmer off when waste container is full
    My screen shots for this sequence of logic is above in post #4

I can shut the skimmer off during maintenace by simply checking the box next to the proper socket. When maintenance 1,2,3, or 4 ends PL1 should delay the skimmer, it doesn't.

When I do an AWC PL2 turns off the skimmer, this works. When the AWC is over PL1 should delay the skimmer, it doesn't.

When my waste container is full, PL3 shuts off the skimmer, this works. When I empty the container PL1 should delay the skimmer, it doesn't.

I have PL3 controlling the skimmer socket. I hope this is clear enough and seriously do appreciate the help.
    Perry

I guess I don't get what a support forum is for. I know there are other threads for a skimmer delay, but they don't specifically address my situation. So I started another thread to avoid confusion and have been as clear as I can be. I don't understand why GHL finds it prudent to ignore certain customer questions, do a search and one will find many unanswered questions. I truly expected GHL to chime in and tell me what is wrong with my logic and tell me how it should be written in order to work. It's not like I haven't been trying different things to get this to work on my own, I need help with this and GHL's world class customer support is lacking big time.
    Perry