Thread: Conductivity reading Stop

Default Conductivity reading Stop

Hey guys

last week my salinity prob stop reading correctly ect

I thought it may be the prob being bit old so I got a new one but its still not reading

Normally probes for conductivity don't have aging problems. So if the new one also don't work, I'm aware, there is a probwith the Profilux.

Have you changed anything, for example installed a new light fixture or a new heater?
    Sometimes conductivity is disturbed by electro-smog of other devices.

Another point is the powervsupply of the Profilux. If it's near end of life, measurements are going more and more wrong. My first one died by an blowed capacitor.Before it's going dead, measurements of ph increased dramatically.

Hey

Nar I having change anything so you think it could be the power
    Do yo mean the power lead

Are the other sensor readings ok (e.g. Temp)?

When you put the conductivity probe into the calibration fluid, what does it say? Is the value correct here?
    When you put it into a glass of tank water, is the value correct here?

Do you have another alternative power supply unit that you could connect to ProfiLux for testing (e.g. from a Dosing Unit)?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hey the temp and ph read good
    I'll have to check with the fluid but I all ready tried calibration

I got no new power supply unit I'll run out to the shop and but one this week

Hey guys

I just tried new power supply and it working :-)
    And is there a reason why the power supply went, cos mine not where near water and it shouldn't get hot,
    how come the prob goes crazy when power supply unit goes on it

Inside the power supply there are fluid filled capacitors. They loose capacity over the years due aging. If the capacity is too low after time they can't do their work. The result is a lower voltage with a lot of ripples which disturb the measurement.

It would be possible to create power supplies with better parts (have in mind: it's not a GHL made product) but the costs would be much highter. And nowadays nearly no one will pay for that ...
    Last edited by Gunther; 22.08.2014 at 09:45.

Well there you go
    Thanks heaps guys :-)

This is very interesting.

Thank you Gunther.