Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mitras lx6100hv led calibration

Default Mitras lx6100hv led calibration

Hi all was looking to find out is there a way to calibrate the LEDs on my fixture? The reason I ask is because I am getting so really low Par readings and was think that maybe the LEDs need calibration.
    Thanks
    Michael

Please send us some screenshots of your Mitras settings.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Please view attached file at the bottom of the page under my name trueblackpercula post #1617

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...219645&page=65

Give us a full set of screen shots of your lighting program please, iv had a brief look at it, don't expect to get things right at the first attempt,

From 0845 untill 1200 you have HV and royal blue only, running at 100% and 71%

Then from 1200 untill 1300 you have blue at 44%, white at 11%, true green at 13% and white at 5%

Then to be fair, you don't have a lot more going on untill they ramp off at 2100

It's looking like you are trying to run a blue only program which will not give you high par readings, have a look at the preinstalled templates to try and get a feel of how the programming works.

Unless up want to kill all your corals, I would suggest you take the lamps off of high output until your corals adapt, run at 75-80% for a while and ramp up very slowly over a number of months.

That's just my take matey

Gazz

Hello Everyone,
    thanks for all the help, Here are a few pictures that will show my set up, I was running a radion G1 with TIR lens for almost a year at 65% TO 70 % and I was getting close to 200 PAR at the same exact spot. I am not comparing the two lights and the Mitras is defiantly better I am just saying.

I will lower the intensity as you have suggested but I don't see how that will help, But as the par reading are very low, But I will follow your instructions. If you have a file that is more on the blue side please share with me so I can try and use it and try and see what I did wrong.

Let me know what else I can do as I want to start getting more SPS but need to ensure that my file is correct. Also is there a way to calibrate the LEDS or is that just not needed?
    By the way I love my mitras and would never go back radions.
    Michael

photo 1.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    photo 5.JPG

here are some more with PAR meter
    IMG_6813.jpg
    IMG_6816.jpg
    IMG_6819.jpg
    IMG_6821.jpg
    IMG_6822.jpg

Try bringing the rest of the LEDs into play, you have one LED at 100% and another at 11%, use the rest of them to increase par.

Don't worrie too much as they do take practice lmao,

Quote Originally Posted by GazzMan View Post
    Try bringing the rest of the LEDs into play, you have one LED at 100% and another at 11%, use the rest of them to increase par.

Don't worrie too much as they do take practice lmao,
    Can you please recommend a percentage of each color for me that I can try?