Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GHL Feeding Unit

Default GHL Feeding Unit

It will be really nice if it was possible to develop a Feeding Unit, for pellets or flake food, to be implemented and controlled by the Profilux, so that it could interact with timers, feed brakes, and so on.
    The units on the market today, is not controllable via external devices, why not make GHL the first ???

This would be great for me too!

+1

I use an ASF-1 feeder, http://tinyurl.com/pndb6fd , plug into 6D power bar socket and time it to feed when my Vortech goes into feed mode. I use it when I travel without issues, just had to build an acrylic shelf for it. Three years old, I was lucky to get three months out of an Ehiem.
    Last edited by Halfmoon; 24.07.2014 at 14:31.
    Perry
    A screen shot is worth a thousand words...

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras
    Controlling a 150 DSA Peninsula mixed reef.

I would love to get a GHL feeding units, as a loyal GHL customer it's kind of frustrating to see other controller brands offering an automatic feeder and not been able to have one for my profilux, specially when one of the main reasons to get an aquarium controller is to automate most of the daily activities, hope to see this announced very soon.

Same here. I dont know if its possible, but it would be great to have the possibility to show the total food weight. In that case you know when you are running low, and that it is actually delivering food.

Default DIY Multiple Tank Fish Feeder Project

Im not sure if this is the sort of thing that you are looking for (feeder to feed multiple food types to multiple tanks as a DIY project), but if it is you can follow my progress in the thread.

I have been working on a feeder to feed my broodstock, grow out and fry tanks (I breed clownfish, shrimp and a few other species) for a while now and Im about to move from prototype to live with them so I thought it would be a good time to get some input from others. Im going to track the progress of the project on my local reefing site
    Multiple Tank Fish Feeder DIY Project, but it should be viewable to everyone here.

If you have any comments or suggestions, feel free to let me know.

Any updates? Can we expect a feeder?

This has been looked into, the ones we seen so far on the market are Chinese in origin and I have seen some inconsistency in feeding rates on forums, so as with anything being dosed into a tank, quality is paramount, this means GHL have to make their own not go to alibaba.com and find one to hot wire. This sort of development takes time and there is im quite sure as with any company a priority of order I would assume very much based on user demand.

I know GHL have looked into this as I was temporarily personally involved so im sure it will happen, just in GHL's own professional time plan.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

I'm pretty sure anyone would want a feeder especially when they're away at work or traveling. It makes perfect sense to have one. Surely it is more critical to feed the fish than to measure flow rates, yet a flow meter was released before the feeding unit.