Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GHL Feeding Unit

No flow = tank has about 12 hours before it starts to die.

Your fish would survive probably about a month without food.

Flow sensor vs feeding station for the odd holiday, I know where my money would be.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

One can already monitor loss of low with a level sensor; assume return pump dies. Water level in sump will be above normal. So you can you use a level sensor to monitor water level too high.

Ok scenario

You are on holiday, you have thought of worst case and employed GHL's technology by plumbing in a redundancy return pump as you are away a lot.

Worst happens! Oh no the main pump has failed! But wait! GHL to the rescue you have programmed your controller so if the flow sensor sees 0% flow it kicks in the back up return pump. Phew tank saved by GHL making a flow sensor before a fish feeder

Flow sensor before a fish feeder?

Nice toy yes but not a critical piece of equipment in my view. We all have our own priorities of course. But the debate is why a flow sensor first, and my view is a flow sensor will save your tank, a fish feeder wont, so has higher priority.

That being said, it would be nice at some point in the future that there was a fish feeder it would be a good seller, and im sure it will come at some point.
    Last edited by aqua_digital; 24.12.2014 at 19:51.

Can't you just read the amperage on the socket to know it's dead?

pump can still be working but drawing more amps, not full proof, where as 0% flow is.

But the point is your already have a flow-sensor.

Now all that's left is feeding unit. Profilux is supposed to be the best controller on the market and it demands a high-price; now if it's the best it should be able to feed my fish while I'm gone. You don't pay a babysitter to change your baby's diapers and put him/her to sleep, but feeding is also part of the agreement. I know fish and humans are not the same in the social hierarchy but fish also deserve care. The controller is like a babysitter; it should be able to control feeding.

Make a poll and ask all Profilux users, whether or not a feeder is needed - see what they'll say.
    Last edited by Raul-7; 05.01.2015 at 04:20.

I think you are missing the point. It takes time to develop a quality unit. No amount of repeated forum pressure is going to speed this up. The only result is frustration for everyone. GHL already gave their reasons, and nobody has said it will not come, it just is not top priority. I hope you understand

A feeder would be a fantastic addition.

If it needs to be developed from scratch and will take awhile, fine.
    But any argument against it is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
    A feeder would be a fantastic addition.

If it needs to be developed from scratch and will take awhile, fine.
    But any argument against it is silly.
    For us anyway, but GHL has limited resources and if there is a choice, I would rather they improve the programming of the Profilux, touch, Mitras, expansion box etc first. Some of the functionality people have been waiting for is in the years of wait.
    Instead of continually bringing out partially complete projects (Like the doser 2, (Waiting for stirrer, waiting for temp probe on this item alone)
    After the sales blurb of the doser two and great uptake, will it take 4 years to bring full functionality to the item? (Like the touch)??????

Now of course if a feeder comes along, I will be in the que waiting to buy one also.
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

Quote Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
    .But any argument against it is silly.
    100% right there is no argument against it, just time and priority. Current projects need finishing