Thread: Touch Firmware update

Default Touch Firmware update

Hi. I want to update my profilux touch to the new version but it wont allow me. I have 2 Touch's connected to my system and when I try to update, it says it cannot because there is more than 1 PAB unit connected to the system. I tried unplugging the one but it says the same.
    The system was setup by my installers so I don't have 100% knowledge of the system of how the PAB works.
    I have updated the Profilux firmware and GHL Control Center to the lastest versions.
    GHL Control says I need to have only 1 PAB unit installed to the profilux to do the update. Do I need to disconnect the current PAB from the profilux and plug only the Touch into the PAB socket of the profilux? Please help. Thanks.

Yes, you have to disconnect every PAB device from ProfiLux before the update (Powerbar6D-PAB, ExpansionBox, ProfiLuxTouch, ...).
    Only the one PAB device for the update may connected to the ProfiLux before and during the update.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Yes, you have to disconnect every PAB device from ProfiLux before the update (Powerbar6D-PAB, ExpansionBox, ProfiLuxTouch, ...).
    Only the one PAB device for the update may connected to the ProfiLux before and during the update.
    Thank you Frank. So i wouldn't have to re-assign anything? Just connect one at a time to update? Will the profilux pick it up automatically?

You need to re-assign after updated the FW

I am rather new to this so let me make sure I understand this correctly. I currently have Profilux3ex ---> PAB6D--->PAB6D---PAB6D. All 4 devices have updated firmware.
    I have a Touch that I want add it to my system and it needs the firmware update. Are you saying I have to disconnect the 3 PAB6Ds, basically shutting down my tank, then connect the Touch to the Profilux to upgrade the Touch? Then add the Touch to the daisy chain and then I need to assign all 4 devices? Is that correct?

you unplug the first Powerbar in the chain (the powerbar to the ProfiLux), connect the Touch, do the update

your tank will survive these 2 minutes
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    you unplug the first Powerbar in the chain (the powerbar to the ProfiLux), connect the Touch, do the update

your tank will survive these 2 minutes
    So after the update we dont need to reassign the PAB?
    I have 2 PAB in chain and a Touch after the second PAB.
    I have only to disconnect the first PAB from Profilux3ex, plug the Touch to Profilux3ex, do the update, unplug the Touch from Profilux3ex, Plug the first PAB to Profilux3ex and plug the Touch to the second PAB, correct?

if you update a PAB-device you need not to re-assign

if you update the ProfiLux you maybe need to re-assign when the ProfiLux makes a factory reset after the update

I have only to disconnect the first PAB from Profilux3ex, plug the Touch to Profilux3ex, do the update, unplug the Touch from Profilux3ex, Plug the first PAB to Profilux3ex and plug the Touch to the second PAB, correct?
    yes