Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mitras FW

I can see you have a USB device with a yellow exclamation mark under other devices.
    Does this USB device disappear if you disconnect your mitras?
    If it disappear than it is your Mitras and you have to install the driver under "C:\Program Files (x86)\GHLControlCenter_V1054\Tools\FUJITSU USB DIRECT Programmer\driver\Win7" manual.
    After the installation restart your computer and try the firmware update again.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I have tried installing driver and shutting comp down and restarting but still not fixed.

Does the USB device with the exclamination mark disappear if you disconnect your Mitras from USB?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Will report back to you tonight once I get home.
    Thanks for taking the time to help out.

Ok. Able to recognize Mitras. It's currently on Com 5. So far so good. BUT I go ahead and follow with the update....progress stops at number 2 out of 7 and then it tells me couldn't install update.
    Now as you can see here

the comp is recognizing the Mitras but when I go to follow the update instructions

This happens

Please advise.

That's the same thing it would do to me until I found the one USB port that worked. I wish I could offer more help, I know it's frustrating.
    Perry
    A screen shot is worth a thousand words...

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras
    Controlling a 150 DSA Peninsula mixed reef.

I have tried all three USB ports to no avail!
    I am even inputting manually on the device manager the folder where the driver is....and it tells me that the comp can't find the driver.....

You have installed the wrong driver. Mitras lamps have two modes: normal and update.
    After step 1 of firmware update (update manual) mitras switch to update mode and you should see the device called "USBVCOM" as described in the manual.
    The "GHL virtual communications port" is the driver for normal mode. Look at your mitras display, if it isn't on the lamp is in the update mode. If not - restart firmware update and click "Next" only one time.

If the lamp is in the update mode and you still have "GHL virtual communications port" in device manager, you have to unistall it and install the right one:
    - Click on this device with the right button
    - Choose "Uninstall"
    - Click on "Uninstall drivers for this device" in the new window, which will pop up.
    - Click "Ok"

- Then search for new hardware, you will get new unknown device
    - Manually install the right driver (described in manual)
    - Now you should have "USBVCOM" device in your device manager.
    - Choose the right COM-number of USBVCOM in GHL Control Center and proceed with firmware update.

Just to clarify prev post. Whenever I go and uninstall the GHL driver and then try to install/update the USBVCOM driver the search wizard still tells me that it cannot find any updates for the driver.

It's because you are trying to install it automatically. You have to install it manually as described in update manual
    Read page 2-4 of manual to install the driver.

forum.PNG