Thread: How to connect ATI PM Dimbar to EVG-AP-2F-HIC

Frage How to connect ATI PM Dimbar to EVG-AP-2F-HIC

Hello,

I'm after some help with the connection of the ATI PM Dimmable to the EVG-HIC

I understand the instructions of the EVG but I am not sure which wires from the ATI PM Dimbar box connect into the EVG-AP-2F-HIC

EVG-AP-2F-HIC

ATI PM Dimbar Wiring
    The wires inside the dimbar box are numbered. Do these numbered wires plug into certain sections of the EVG?

Labeling inside the dimbar box.

Does??
    spannungsversorgung = power
    lufter = exhaust fan

Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Andrew

Total right!
    1 & 2 is the powersupply for EVG 1
    5 & 6 is the powersupply for EVG 2
    the "Lüfter" is the fan inside the lamp to cool the tubes and the electronik but there is not really a save way to connect it somewhere on the EVG-AP. You need to use the powersupply that comes with the lamp. Possible is to plug it in a STDL or Powerbar to switch it of if no lamp is on. With the programmable logik you can set one socket to aktive if one or more lights are on.
    excample:

g1 = illumination 1 or illumination 2
    g2 = illumination 3 or illumination 4
    g3 = g1 or g2

set function for socket to g3

Super... thank you Martin.

However, I have one more question regarding the connection of the wires from the dimbar to the EVG component. I'm a little confused where the wires with the question marks (?) plug into?

I believe that I have worked out where the other wires plug into.

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Normaly from top to botton on the left side of the wirenut:

brown = L Main power supply
    blue = N Main power subbly
    green/yellow = PE Main power subbly

for both EVG-AP

You can replace this cables to what you need at home. American standart is black = L, white = N and green = PE.

The one cable on the other side has to be connected at PE Power subbly balast one or two.

Infos on the Fan: i think it is better to use it to keep the elektronik cool. I have read about even the tubes where more effective if they are cooled and thats the reason the fan is build in.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Normaly from top to botton on the left side of the wirenut:

brown = L Main power supply
    blue = N Main power subbly
    green/yellow = PE Main power subbly

for both EVG-AP

The one cable on the other side has to be connected at PE Power subbly balast one or two.
    Thank you for your answer.

I think I have worked it out. The ATI PM dimbar comes with x2 power plugs. But I only need to connect one to the EVG. Please see diagram

I understand that the other yellow/green wire (x1) will plug into either the PE connection for Ballast 1 or 2. I will plug it into the Ballast 1 as that runs 6 bulbs.

One other question. I can not connect the wires into the EVG. Do I push them in or push something down/in to connect them? I understand that no soldering is required.

I can connect the control line from the aquarium computer as there is small buttons to press in.

Thank you for you help

Andrew

Right side: make sure the black noses are like the photo nearly horizontal. Insert the wire at the front and press the black nose on the very right side easy in direction to the PCB. Its like a snap in connection.
    To the other connection blocks: there are two possible ways. If you got a single wire just make sure they a striped about 8-9 mm than push them in the hole nearest to the PCB. If you got flexible cables insert a slot screwdriver 3,5 in the middle hole. The more you push it in the connection block the more the lower connection will open (no turning of screwdriver needed) insert the wire into the opened connection, hold there in position, remove the screwdriver. The connection block is closing automatically. (you can check if cable is fixed proper if you slightly pull the cable. It has to be fastened)

Thank you so much for the information Martin!!

I managed to install the wires and will take a picture of it soon for those that are interested.

Hopefully it will work once I learn how to program it

Must burn the lights in first though.