Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flow sensor and 1-10v return pump problem

Default Flow sensor and 1-10v return pump problem

is it possible to control my return pump via flow sensor and how??
    for ex: i have two flow sensors in two overflows pipes and one other flow sensor in my return pump pipe. is it possible to adjust my pump via ghl computer to be the summary of the two overflow sensor, so that the result will be the same in my return pump ??? and if it is possible, how can I program that??
    thank you in advance!!!

is it possible to control my return pump via flow sensor and how??
    That´s not possible [at the moment]. A flow sensor can show you the actual flow and it can trigger an alarm if the flow is too low, but there is no possibilities to regulate or calculate anything with the value.

thank you very much for your quick response and I think that this is a very useful issue, so I would like to ask from the company to consider about that as it will be the fist company that will have an aquarium computer from the future !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and also a second idea is to have an electronic regulation valve to adjusts the flow in the aquarium!!!

these two issues are an important situation in aquariums that have these needs!

yes, I think this idea is not so bad

added to ToDo list - but can't promise that it is possible
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I quickly added this to our new 6.11:

you can enter a nominal value for a flow sensor and output a control signal based on the difference nominal - actual flow at a 1-10V-interface

so you can achieve a constant flow for one pump based on one flow sensor

I see no possibility to combine 2 pumps and 2 measurements in one control loop

could you work with this?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

That sounds like an excellent addition. I could sure use that.

thank you for taking under consideration this issue, but the answer you gave me is not sufficient.
    I need two sensors summing the entering flow from two pipes, to the exact amount of water for the exit pump.
    this issue is taking place in an aquarium that is a living organism. some things such as algee, see weed, broken corals, or even fish could maybe interfere with the overflow system, so the idea you are thinking of couldn't end into bad situations.
    I have given a lot of thought for this issue and I ended in this idea of the two sensors, because I find that this would be the safest way to control the flow of the return pump.
    one hint for this issue is that the exit pump has to be able to give the exact flow that the water returns!! and to be sure we measuring and summarizing the 2 overflow sensors with the third flow sensor of the return pump!!!
    i have drawn a sketch so you can have an idea of what i am thinking of and sent it as an attatchment.
    controller.png

please give this issue a second thought, with no time pressure...
    i will be waiting for your response.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    I quickly added this to our new 6.11:

you can enter a nominal value for a flow sensor and output a control signal based on the difference nominal - actual flow at a 1-10V-interface

so you can achieve a constant flow for one pump based on one flow sensor

I see no possibility to combine 2 pumps and 2 measurements in one control loop

could you work with this?
    I look forward to this update, thanks GHL
    If you're not living life on the edge then you're taking up too much space!

Quote Originally Posted by Fragki View Post
    thank you for taking under consideration this issue, but the answer you gave me is not sufficient.
    I need two sensors summing the entering flow from two pipes, to the exact amount of water for the exit pump.
    this issue is taking place in an aquarium that is a living organism. some things such as algee, see weed, broken corals, or even fish could maybe interfere with the overflow system, so the idea you are thinking of couldn't end into bad situations.
    I have given a lot of thought for this issue and I ended in this idea of the two sensors, because I find that this would be the safest way to control the flow of the return pump.
    one hint for this issue is that the exit pump has to be able to give the exact flow that the water returns!! and to be sure we measuring and summarizing the 2 overflow sensors with the third flow sensor of the return pump!!!
    i have drawn a sketch so you can have an idea of what i am thinking of and sent it as an attatchment.
    controller.png

please give this issue a second thought, with no time pressure...
    i will be waiting for your response.
    I am sorry but we will not have a control loop with 2 or more flow sensors as input. I can offer you a control loop for 1 pump + 1 sensor.
    If you like to test what we have with 6.11 BETA then just send me a PM.

Who wants the 6.11 BETA for testing the new function "closed loop control for 1-10V-pumps with flow sensor"?

Then send me a PM.