Thread: Dimming set up question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Dimming set up question

I am getting ready to install 4 t5 set up that will be for dimming. I have 2 dimmable power bars and only one L port open L5/L6.
    1. My question is can I put a splitter on the l5/l6 port and feed both dimmable power bars?
    2. If I do this can the two bars be controlled differently? Lets say I want the first bar to dim first and then the second to start?
    Thank you and I hope I didn't confuse everyone...
    Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by 90reefernyc View Post
    I am getting ready to install 4 t5 set up that will be for dimming. I have 2 dimmable power bars and only one L port open L5/L6.
    1. My question is can I put a splitter on the l5/l6 port and feed both dimmable power bars?
    Yes, you can use a splitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by 90reefernyc View Post
    2. If I do this can the two bars be controlled differently? Lets say I want the first bar to dim first and then the second to start?
    Thank you and I hope I didn't confuse everyone...
    Jimmy
    But, will you use a GHL dimmable powerbar for dimming your T5?
    You must use eletronic ballasts with 1-10V or DALI interface.
    GHL Iberia

Quote Originally Posted by Coralleida View Post
    Yes, you can use a splitter.

But, will you use a GHL dimmable powerbar for dimming your T5?
    You must use eletronic ballasts with 1-10V or DALI interface.
    Yes I have 2 dimmable power bars. 2 fixtures plug into 1 bar and the other 2 in the other power bar.
    thanks jimmy

Upsss, sorry.

OK, so you want to control 2 ballasts.
    If you're using 1-10V ballasts, you will need an EVG-AP-2F to control the shutting-off of your lights. With this item you will connect the ballasts to it, and then you will be able to control both ballasts separately
    GHL Iberia

No I dont think I am making my self clear Im sorry.
    I have 4 advance 24 watt dimmable ballast that I received from aqua digital. I also purchased 2 dimmable GHL power bars. I have the profilux ex controller with all the slots. The only slot I have open right now is the L5/L6 port on the back of the controller.
    If i put a spliter on that port and connect the 2 power bars that have all 4 ballast connected to them will this be ok to dim the fixtures?
    It is 1 ballast per 2 t5 so 4 ballast give me four plugs 2 per dimmable power bar.
    Does this make sense?
    thank you
    Jimmy

BUMP need more info