Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dimming set up question

Default Dimming set up question

I am getting ready to install 4 t5 set up that will be for dimming. I have 2 dimmable power bars and only one L port open L5/L6.
    1. My question is can I put a splitter on the l5/l6 port and feed both dimmable power bars?
    2. If I do this can the two bars be controlled differently? Lets say I want the first bar to dim first and then the second to start?
    Thank you and I hope I didn't confuse everyone...
    Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by 90reefernyc View Post
    I am getting ready to install 4 t5 set up that will be for dimming. I have 2 dimmable power bars and only one L port open L5/L6.
    1. My question is can I put a splitter on the l5/l6 port and feed both dimmable power bars?
    Yes, you can use a splitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by 90reefernyc View Post
    2. If I do this can the two bars be controlled differently? Lets say I want the first bar to dim first and then the second to start?
    Thank you and I hope I didn't confuse everyone...
    Jimmy
    But, will you use a GHL dimmable powerbar for dimming your T5?
    You must use eletronic ballasts with 1-10V or DALI interface.
    GHL Iberia

Quote Originally Posted by Coralleida View Post
    Yes, you can use a splitter.

But, will you use a GHL dimmable powerbar for dimming your T5?
    You must use eletronic ballasts with 1-10V or DALI interface.
    Yes I have 2 dimmable power bars. 2 fixtures plug into 1 bar and the other 2 in the other power bar.
    thanks jimmy

Upsss, sorry.

OK, so you want to control 2 ballasts.
    If you're using 1-10V ballasts, you will need an EVG-AP-2F to control the shutting-off of your lights. With this item you will connect the ballasts to it, and then you will be able to control both ballasts separately
    GHL Iberia

No I dont think I am making my self clear Im sorry.
    I have 4 advance 24 watt dimmable ballast that I received from aqua digital. I also purchased 2 dimmable GHL power bars. I have the profilux ex controller with all the slots. The only slot I have open right now is the L5/L6 port on the back of the controller.
    If i put a spliter on that port and connect the 2 power bars that have all 4 ballast connected to them will this be ok to dim the fixtures?
    It is 1 ballast per 2 t5 so 4 ballast give me four plugs 2 per dimmable power bar.
    Does this make sense?
    thank you
    Jimmy

BUMP need more info

Ok I can clear this confusion up

Jimmy is using the PowerBar-2Dim AC variable power bar from GHL, so this has nothing to do with 1-10V ballasts Dali or EVG cards

Jimmy - The power bar 2 dim uses both channels on the 1-10V line so no you can not split it and put two powers bars on it otherwise the powerbars will act in pairs, unless this is what you wish to achieve?

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Lächeln

Ok thanks Micheal,
    I set up my T5 as illumination 3 and 4 so one socket reacts to 3 and one to 4.
    If I split it with a y splitter 2 sockets react the same correct? If so it is fine I will make the first pair of lights on the right of the tank react the same and start dimming first and the second set on the left react to L4 starting 5 minutes later to create a sunset affect. what do you think??
    Also does it matter how long it takes to dim to 100% and then back to 0% and do I need a burn in time?
    Thank you very much,
    Jimmy

Hi

Yes you are correct the ports will react together.

In regards to burn in times, this is something you would have to consult the lamp tube manufacturer for.

It can take as long as you like to go from 0-100%, the AC dimming has a different more compact curve than 1-10v diming so play with it to get the best results. You will have to adjust you input voltage also if you get flicker at low levels, it all depends on the tube you use, every one is different.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Quote Originally Posted by aqua_digital View Post
    Hi

. You will have to adjust you input voltage also if you get flicker at low levels, it all depends on the tube you use, every one is different.
    thank you Micheal,
    I do get a flicker when it goes under 14%. What do you mean by adjust input voltage??
    thank you, Jimmy