Thread: ATO with Saltwater

Default ATO with Saltwater

I have a store and my coral tanks are on my p3 n controller. I have a conduct probe and setup my programmable logic to dose either ATO Fresh or ATO Salt depending on salinity. The issue I'm having, it will not pump salt mix if the Salinity is set in the hysteresis. So I get a ATO Alarm go off.

So the question is how do I have the programmable logic pump salt mix even if the Salinity is at the right spot. Just to top off salt water until the level sensor tells it to stop.

Here is a picture of my programmable logic G2 for Salt Mix

ATO Salt.jpg

Here is the options I can select.

ATO Salt Options.png

I assume you use the prog. logic with "control upwards" and in the other case with "control downwards"

when the cond. value is in the hysteresis neither of them will be activated

solution: instead of using upwards and downwards you use 2 times the same condition, but one of them inverted

g1 = fill water AND increase
    g2 = fill water AND [inverse] increase

(or use decrease 2 times, depending on what is better for refilling)
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

awesome thanks