Thread: Is the Powerbar6D broken?

Default Is the Powerbar6D-PAB broken?

Hello,

I'm helping configure a friend's 3 eX and it seems that when activating manual override on the Powerbar6D-PAB that's connected to the PAB is connected to the 3 eX which is then being manipulated via PC using the GHL Control Center. When I set things to "Always on" manually, I don't see any of the switch lights turn on. The only light that remains on is the Pwr light and the Com light continuously blinks.

Any insight if I may be doing something wrong or is the Powerbar6D-PAB just broken? I've already tried using both PAB ports on the EX3 and the Powerbar6D-PAB.

For reference, the 3 eX has v6.08 BETA firmware and the Powerbar6D-PAB has v1.08, or at least I think I uploaded it successfully since I see the Com light flicker throughout the update process. These firmwares should be compatible with each other, correct? However, when I go to the System page in the GHL Control Center, all I see is the ProfiLux 3 eX and its serial connection and not the Powerbar6D-PAB.
    Last edited by denzil; 29.06.2014 at 09:09.

Have you already assigned the Powerbar as PAB device to ProfiLux?
    Have a look here:

http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/do...do=file&id=107
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

How do I assign the Powerbar as a PAB device in the ProfiLux? "Assign devices" doesn't appear anywhere in the ProfiLux GHL Control Center for me.
    Last edited by denzil; 01.07.2014 at 03:13.

This has to be done via the Profilux controller itself.
    Under System/ Config. PAB you will find the necessary settings.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi Carolin, that seems to have fixed my issue. I initially thought that all the functionality and setup could be achieved through the GHL Control Center, didn't realize there was still some functionality that was only accessible via the ProfiLux itself. Thanks for clarifying this!