Thread: Dosing accuracy

Default Dosing accuracy

So I calibrated an open doser to try to automate my carbon dosing. I set it to dose 1ml and after checking the output 3 times I got 3 different dosages from .6 to 1.2 ml. No air in lines, is this normal? I saw some talk about a stepper doser pump, any idea if this is more accurate?
    Perry
    A screen shot is worth a thousand words...

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras
    Controlling a 150 DSA Peninsula mixed reef.

Have you already calibrated your dosing pump?
    i.e. you dose 1 minute with your pump and measure the amount of liquid dosed.
    This is the value you have to enter in the software as ml/minute.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Calibrated and entered the ml/ minute into the software. I calibrate for 15 seconds and do the math, I'll let it run for a full minute and see if it makes a difference, shouldn't though.
    Perry

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras

A full 60 seconds pumped 50 ml. If I tell the pump to dose 2 ml I get 1.6 first check, 1.4 second check, so not as accurate as I thought.
    Perry

The minimum switch-on time for the pump is 1 second.
    The motor needs a certain time to accelerate and decelerate.
    Therefore, little amounts can only be dosed disproportionally inaccurate.

That is why it is generally better to dose bigger amounts (e.g. water the liquid down).
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.