Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ProfiLux Firmware 6.08 BETA

Quote Originally Posted by Himat View Post
    how do i ping from external device
    You ping with your windows command console.

(Windows Vista, 7, 8)
    Therefore click "start" and type in "cmd" - right-click the console cmd.exe and type in ping YOUR DDNS including the portnumber (for example: ping myhost.dyndns.org:80)
    If anything works fine and your router doesnt block the ping-command you should get 1 line with your IP adress and 4 lines with the response time.
    After this please check if the ipadress is the same than your external ip-adress.
    If it is then ddns works fine.

Otherwise maybe you have a firewall blockung your transfer between web an your profilux.

not able to ping will look further in to this

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DasNets View Post
    type in ping YOUR DDNS including the portnumber (for example: ping myhost.dyndns.org:80)
    Sorry, but the above advice is not quite correct. You cannot ping something with a port number (the :80 part), this will always fail. ICMP does not support port numbers.

eg. substitute your dyndns URL into the following

PING myhost.dyndns.org:80 will fail
    PING myhost.dyndns.org will work

Himat, previously you said that you can connect to your synology server ok using same dyndns, so pinging the address externally is just confirming what you already know. The Dyndns service is working and traffic is getting to your network (assuming its the same full URL).

Assuming that this was working before with the old Profilux firmware and nothing else in your environment has changed, then I think the two most likely issues are
    1. The default route/gateway has not been set correctly on the Profilux. It should be set to the IP address of your router
    2. The internal IP address of the Profilux has changed, are you using DHCP or is it a fixed IP address for the Profilux.

If there has been changes to your router or point 2 is the issue, then you will need to correct the NAT/Port forward and associated rules on your firewall/router so that it passes traffic to your Profilux

If this does not help, then post a copy of your internal IP address details for the Profilux and the router. Include the details for the NAT/Port forwarding.
    DONT include your public IP address, passwords etc.

Im happy to do what I can to help
    Last edited by CaptCrash; 27.06.2014 at 17:10.

captcrash

thanks
    i have reset setting in profilux and this has got it working again, something may hav not been uploaded correctly.
    thanks

Well done GHL Team things in the last six months have come along way from where we were.

Can't wait till this firmware is solid so I can install it.
    And we have got some colour

Keep up the good work and looking forward to better things
    I would only check the site every 3 months or so previously as not much happened now I'm checking daily as the forum has so much more activity now