Thread: Doser controlled by 3ex

Default Doser controlled by 3ex

Hi just a question, if there is an alarm running, i.e. If the atu has run dry and the level alarm is running; would this stop the doser from dosing?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by procky View Post
    If the atu has run dry and the level alarm is running; would this stop the doser from dosing?
    This could only be the case if you have programmed an operationg mode with a function including ATO and if you use the Dosing Unit for ATO.
    If you use the Dosing Unit for dosing e.g. fertilizer, trace elements then this will run independently.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thanks for getting back to me. No, my ATO is ran by the level controller, and a separate pump controlled on the plugbar.

The example used is for if the ATO ran dry it would then make the conductivity alarm go as it is either above or below nominal. What I found was the doser had stopped dosing when an alarm was on. In particular the conductivity alarm. I am trialling lanthanum chloride as a way to reduce phosphates. This requires 13ml a day spread evenly. This has been set up correctly from what I can see.

All the programs are all the basics, with no program logic at all.

I also tested it, by setting a manual dose and creating an alarm by dipping in RO. At this point the doser did not dose......?

I know there are simple solutions to this like turn the alarm off and keep the reservoir topped up, just would be nice to know what causes it :-)

Any more ideas?