Thread: Setting additional levels on PLM-4Level

Default Setting additional levels on PLM-4Level

I have inserted 3 extension cards on my expansion box linked to a profilux 3.1N ex: 1 PLM-CondS in the first slot, 1 PLM-pH-Temp in the second slot and 1 PLM-4Level in the third slot. I have connected 4 additional level sensors to PLM-4Level.

While Cond, pH and Temp work correctly, i didn’t manage to configure any additional level. I have tried to use each level sensor from imput 7 to 10, without any response. Now, I just use successfully the built in level sensor (imput 5) as auto top off in my sump.

Can anyone help me with the correct settings? How can I be sure that the PLM-4level card is correctly recognized by expansion box/profilux?

Thanks in advance!

Did you reassign the ExpansionBox after adding the new cards?
    Which firmware version is on the ExpansionBox (you need the latest firmware V1.07 at the ExpansionBox for the level cards)?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Dear Frank,
    I have obviously reassigned my expansionbox that is 1.08 version. Can you help me with the correct settings step by step?

er ... the latest firmware for the ExpansionBox is V1.07 ... not V1.08
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Dear Frank,
    I have read the expansion box version by clicking on it in the system menu of profilux control software.
    Where can i check the correct expansion box firmware using profilux control software or the profilux computer menu?
    Thanks

Then there must be some other PAB devices (e.g. a Powerbar6D-PAB) also connected to the ProfiLux.
    Which firmware version at ProfiLux and which PC software version is used?

If you reassign all PAB devices correctly, the version numbers are updated and should be correct.
    Please post a screen shot of the expanded PAB tree in the system overview.

I just updated the firmware in a second hand Expansion box I purchased with firmware 1.07 but when you look at it in the System tab of GHLControl it says it is version 1.08. All my other expansion boxes say they are using 1.07, is it how GHLControl is interpreting the version?

version.jpg
    Last edited by ShaneT; 07.06.2014 at 09:44.

Here my screenshots of level menu and system menu. What is the next step to set correctly PLM4 levels?
    level menu.jpg
    system menu expansion box.jpg
    system menu profilux.jpg

Mistral, I put the same card in my Expansion box and had a bit of trouble getting it recognised, these are the steps I took......

On the ProfiLux itself I used the buttons to: System --> Configure PAB --> Assign devices --> highlighted the Expansion box --> used the right button to put an "x" in the box -->Pressed the centre button. It then said "examining PAB" then "ready" and I pressed the centre button again.

I then removed the power cord from the Expansion box and the ProfiLux (important to restart ProfiLux I have found), waited 10 seconds then plugged in the ProfiLux, let it boot up then plug in the Expansion box.

Go to GHL Control or ProfiLux Control and open up: Probe/sensor controls --> Level, click "update view" under "Devices" in the ribbon menu at the top, (there is a bug with loading preferences at the moment for GHL Control V1047 I have found and they wont work properly if you don't do this) Make sure the sensor reaction times (in the last box) are set at something suitable (I use 1 second) and then double click the control circuit line that is going to be used (in the top box ).

You will have to use sensor number 5,6 for the built in levels of the Expansion box and 7,8, 9,10 for the Card, 1,2,3,4 are used for the ProfiLux.
    Set it up something like this

level1.jpg

and this

level2.jpg

This is how I did it, it may not be the correct way but it worked for me. It will give you something to go on with until Frank can get back to you, good luck!
    Last edited by ShaneT; 07.06.2014 at 16:03.

@mistral

Since we’ve heard that your level sensors are still not recognized at the PLM-4Level card in the Expansion Box, please send us some more information:
    -are you sure the Expansion Box has been assigned correctly as PAB device?
    -have you made the Expansion Box powerless before installing the card?
    -what is the firmware of your ProfiLux?
    -which is the version of your PC control software?
    -have you also tested the level sensors without Y-splitter, i.e. directly connected?
    -the level sensors should be number 7-10 – have you already done the level programming
    here, since we can’t see any settings in the level menu?
    -you can generally test the connected level sensors in the diagnosis menu:

Diagnosemenü Level.jpg

When you submerge and lift the sensors several times, the states (contact with water, no contact with water)
    should be reflected here, no matter which settings you have made. Does this work?