Thread: flash went wrong

Default flash went wrong

der all,
    I have a PL3 which I wanted to upgrade from firmware 5.14 to 6... but while flashing there was an communication error and now the Pl is dead.

im using the flash FR tool but when I try to reprogram at 125/216 an error popup with timing limit over No.013 program erroraddress 0x000400000....

can somebody please assist me as im operating from Dubai so sending it to GHL is bit difficult ....

txs,

jan
    Attached Images Attached Images

are you doing the emergency update via RS232?

is the correct COM-port set in the tool?

then I guess it is a timing problem, do this:

1. unplug ProfiLux from power

2. click "full operation" - the tool is now waiting

3. plug in power
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi Matthias,

I'm updating trough a USB/serial universal cable (as rs232 cable is lacking and also no available com port on pc).
    Com port 3 is only one that's going all others I get an messages. What you propose is what I'm doing ... With the Flash program I click full operation when profilux is unplugged. Then I plug power on (2-3 seconds) and flash starts running....till 3 phase and than this error pups up. Download / erase manually go fine... I expect its the USB/serial cable as when I plug this cable in any other pc I get a ! In hardware ....

I hope you can give me some advice ... Will go to pc shop to see if I can flash it with a universal rs232 cable?

Txs for the assistance ...

is this a ProfiLux 3.1 or 3 ?

if 3.1 then you can do the emergency update directly through USB and you can use the built-in reset button
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi Matthias its a PL3ex.

if it is not a P3.1 then the emergency update must be made via RS232

-> a working USB-RS232 or a PC with RS232 is needed

you are following exactly these instructions?
    http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/do...?do=file&id=48

to avoid possibleproblems with the reset-cycle (here: power off / power on) you can alternatively initiate the reset with the jumper on the front main board.
    Then do this:
    - open P3
    - bridge jumper (front board bottom between LAN and controller)
    - click "full operation"
    - remove jumper - reset is now off and download must start

if it is still not working:
    - bad RS232-USB-converter
    - settings in the Flasher-software are not correct
    there are no other options

Txs Matthias, I understand what your writing.

Personally I don't think its the reset cycle as the update starts and somewhere in the 3 phase of full operation pop ups appear with CCR errors which I can decline by clicking re-try....but after several the main error (screenshot) occurs and all is over.

So I really think it a cable communication issue. So after a whole day searching for a computer shop with a PC with a RS232 port and serial cable in vain, I have posted my GHL RS232 cable with a appropriate RS232-USB converter from my home in The Netherlands to Dubai so as soon as it arrives I will try again. If that doesn't work I will ship it to you.... Keep you posted ....

PS: the Mitras are hanging elegantly:
    http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/sh...hanging-cradle

Here.. I had made a video on how to bring it back.