Thread: Different values from pH probes

Default Different values from pH probes

I have 2 pH probes, one connected to the expansion box (pH2), and the other one connected to an extension slot in the expansion box (pH3).
    I have calibrated both probes in the same solutions (7 and 9), but when I put them in my sump there is a difference of about 0.35, one measuring 7.98 (pH3) and the other 8.34 (pH2). I have repeated the calibration several times, without any change.

How can I solve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

What do they read in the calibration fluid?
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

They read the correct values in the calibration fluid. When the calibration ends, I check always the value measured in the last calibration fluid (9) and the value is correct!

With the time pH-probes lose their linearity of the output signal.
    If this deviation is not acceptable then probes need to be replaced.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thanks Matthias.
    But, after what time the probes are no longer reliable, and the measured values are not accurate?

Could be anywhere from six months to 12 months.
    My last probe only lasted 6 months!
    Was dry when I unpacked it from box and was never really any good. (GHL PH probe)
    Call me Paul !

And how about the other probes?

My temp probe, redox probe and conductivity are all 4 years old.
    In theory the redox probe should have been replaced, as they use a similar membrane as the PH probe.
    But if the cable doesn't get damaged on the temp and conductivity, they should last a decade or 2.
    Call me Paul !

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/en-...ts-shop/probes

all mentioned in section "waranty"
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.