Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't update firmware P3ex

Default Can't update firmware P3ex

I have a Profilux 3ex and can't update the firmware. Tried everything I know of, the only connection I can make is by LAN/ WLAN and the update stops before downloading. Tried a new RS232 to USB Adapter, don't work. USB, same no connection. What are my options? This is very frustrating, why can't I update by LAN since serial connections do not work for me? Same with the Mitras in another thread I started. Please help!
    Perry
    A screen shot is worth a thousand words...

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras
    Controlling a 150 DSA Peninsula mixed reef.

first question has to be have you loaded the drivers for the USB? if so please post a screen shot of your device manager open showing the profiLux connected and the Com port number assigned.

If you are having the same issues with the Mitras it really has nothing to do with the equipment instead a missed step in the procedure. But we will get you running.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Yes I loaded the drivers, several times. I just rebuilt an old desktop, unfortunately it's not old enough to have native serial ports, however I did a clean install of Win 7 64 on a clean drive and still the RS232 installs the driver, shows up in device manager, I match the com port and can't connect. So now it's two PC's with the same problem, a desktop and a laptop, the mystery thickens. I'll try the USB again and get those screen shots. Thanks for the reply and help.

I don't see why it won't let me update with LAN, that is the most stable connection I have.
    Perry

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras

Perry

Quote Originally Posted by aqua_digital View Post
    But we will get you running.
    How do the jpegs look?

Since I now have a desktop again, I was thinking, I can get a serial PCI card. Will that be okay? Will that work or does the Profilux only work with a serial to USB converter?
    Thanks for all the help.
    Perry

I really have no idea why you have so much problems with your USB-ports. It seems neither the Mitras nor the ProfiLux can be accessed via USB.

If the settings are correct (only the COM-port must match in device manager and our Software and the standard baudrate 9600 must not be changed) then the connection must work.
    There is no need for buying additional PC-hardware when your standard built-in USB ports are working correctly.
    I would consider that there is a problem with the USB-port of the ProfiLux but since you are also have trouble with the Mitras I think this is highly unlikely.
    I am sorry, but I ran out of ideas. Maybe you contact your distributor directy for further support.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

The Mitras problem is different, I can connect to them. It's when they go into boot loader that the connection is lost. The Profilux won't connect at all, nothing.

I ask about the serial card so I can find a dependable way to update firmware, same reason I ask about updating with LAN. I would still like an answer to both questions.

I'll see if the distributor will help.

Don't mean to come across negative, but between the Mitras and the Profilux system I'm out 5000 US and I can't update firmware. It's frustrating to say the least.
    Perry

Hi Perry,

You have an unstable USB port or connection, the Mitras is a bit more robust with drop outs and thats why it will connect until you try and shunt data over it, the ProfiLux has more data to deal with so is probably why its not connecting at all. The only way to rule out this not being the case is to borrow a friends laptop or take the controller to their house or your work and try connecting there.

Please reply back here only with the results of this test, as we have several emails and threads now on the same subject, I really appreciate your frustration its just easier to deal with in just one place. Hope you understand.

Let's see, I've tried my laptop, my wife's laptop, my desktop, two different RS232 converters (one Prolific and the other FTDI chipset) and NONE work.
    I sent email to the place I bought it from to see if they can help, that was this morning and I haven't heard back from them yet. I bought this in 2012 and believe I still have warranty.
    Perry

Hi

the warranty is 2 years from date of purchase.

The only option I can see is to send it up to us and we will test it so from here on please email info@ghlna.com