Thread: Oxygen sensors

Default Oxygen sensors

Question to the group here. Thinking about adding an oxygen sensor to my build.
    I think I can attach it to my expansion box, but I would like to know how feasible this is as far as maintenance and how accurate it is.
    Any info would be VERY appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

You have a reef tank, didn't you? So what benefit do you expect from measuring the oxygen level?
    1000L SPS dom., 4x Mitras LX 6100 HV, GHL ProfiLux 3ex, KH Director, Expansionbox, SMS-Modul, Dosing Unit 4, ATI Powercone 250i, Shuran Jetstream 1 CA reactor,......

I believe it's VERY important to know oxygen levels.
    We seem to use pH to measure certain parameters but forget that oxygen and co2 levels are VERY important for coral growth!

Ok. Once you know the O2 level in your tank, what will you do then?
    1000L SPS dom., 4x Mitras LX 6100 HV, GHL ProfiLux 3ex, KH Director, Expansionbox, SMS-Modul, Dosing Unit 4, ATI Powercone 250i, Shuran Jetstream 1 CA reactor,......

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Ok. Once you know the O2 level in your tank, what will you do then?

Make a better vodka tonic!

That was my assumption! I like a Manhattan more, so! :-)
    But seriously, what do you expect to find out more then by the pH reading and what will be your actions than? O2 dosing, CO2 scrubber, or just buying a better skimmer, or tweaking the old one?

Corals need a good amount of O2 to thrive. Trying to have a stable balance between O2 and CO2. And unless I know leveled of oxygen I cannot properly equilibrate that variable!

Sure, they're interesting articles about O2/CO2, light/dark and feeding relations, no doubt. But you didn't answered my questions? And do you think your tank will do better then now if you intervene somehow?