Thread: Tunze Combination Wave Box & Powerheads on Profilux 3

Default Tunze Combination Wave Box & Powerheads on Profilux 3

Good afternoon Forum.

I do not yet have a Profilux computer but am at the point of purchase. Before I do, please could someone advise whether I can run 2 opposing Tunze Wave-Boxes and 4 Tunze Powerheads (2 * 6105's and 2 * 6205's) on independent cycles from the Profilux 3. This would replace the actions of the Tunze 7095 Multi-Controller and the 6091 Wave-Controller.

Assuming that this is possible, please advise on what additional hardware I need to purchase with the computer to ensure functionality.

Thanks in advance of any assistance!
    Cheers
    Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Simon HP View Post
    Good afternoon Forum.

I do not yet have a Profilux computer but am at the point of purchase. Before I do, please could someone advise whether I can run 2 opposing Tunze Wave-Boxes and 4 Tunze Powerheads (2 * 6105's and 2 * 6205's) on independent cycles from the Profilux 3. This would replace the actions of the Tunze 7095 Multi-Controller and the 6091 Wave-Controller.

Assuming that this is possible, please advise on what additional hardware I need to purchase with the computer to ensure functionality.

Thanks in advance of any assistance!
    Cheers
    Simon
    I am surprised that no body replied for so long...

I am of exactly the same configuration and yes, this is not only possible but also you will have more control over the actions of the Tunze pumps. In particular, performance of Wavebox is much better in my case since the timing can be controlled more precisely. I am happy with my purchase.

Aside from the standard Profilux 3, you will need a lot of cables: 3xYL-2, 3x ProfilTunze1 and 3x ProfilTunze2. That said, you will have all your 1-10V ports occupied and if you have other 1-10v equipment you wish to be contolled by the Profilux, you have to buy an expansion card/expansion box.

Hope this help.

Neo

Thanks very much for your reply Neo. I have indeed been feeling rather lonely! Cheers, Simon

Quote Originally Posted by neoyhng View Post
    I am surprised that no body replied for so long...

I am of exactly the same configuration and yes, this is not only possible but also you will have more control over the actions of the Tunze pumps. In particular, performance of Wavebox is much better in my case since the timing can be controlled more precisely. I am happy with my purchase.

Aside from the standard Profilux 3, you will need a lot of cables: 3xYL-2, 3x ProfilTunze1 and 3x ProfilTunze2. That said, you will have all your 1-10V ports occupied and if you have other 1-10v equipment you wish to be contolled by the Profilux, you have to buy an expansion card/expansion box.

Hope this help.

Neo

sorry, but the GHL support team just oversaw this thread

should not happen but can happen considering the mass of posts we have every day

thank you neoyhng for jumping in
    questions answered or still something open?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.