Thread: Amperage reading on power bars

Default Amperage reading on power bars

Hi,
    I have 2 6D power bars that have 4 DC pumps plugged into them and lately the amperage readings are displaying over 14 amps actual current for each pump.
    They used to display less than 1 amp actual current each.
    Each pump is running fine. I'm wondering what could be causing the high current readings?
    That much current is not being used, otherwise the breaker would be tripping.
    1 power bar has 1 pump plugged into it and the other power bar has 3 pumps plugged into it.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks
    Last edited by MitchM; 22.03.2014 at 20:52.

we are talking about PAB-powerbars, not about Powerbar-6D, right?

both powerbars have different start numbers, all sockest can be switched independently?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Yes, PAB power bars.
    The Powerbars have different numbers and the sockets can be switched independently.
    On 1 power bar, problem socket is #6
    On 2nd power bar, problem sockets are #7,8,9.

Hello,

Is there any answer?

I'm going to bump this thread up.
    I have a feeling it's been forgotten about.
    A reply would be appreciated.

HI MitchM,
    Did the change occur after a firmware of software upgrade?

Or did it just suddenly change.
    If the above, were there any other changes at the same time in the tank or were there any thunderstorms around at the time.
    Sometimes surges can do funny stuff, especially to electronics.
    I guess time frame is a while ago so it make be hard to make connections now.
    Can you get another PAB powerbar and try that to see if that is the issue? (I know for 2 to be damaged is unusual, but still possible)

(By the way I am not GHL staff)
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

What currents are displayed when the sockets are active and you unplug the pumps?

Please unplug the pumps one after the other and watch the currents during that.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

When plugged in, the plug outlets read 14.2A, 14.6A, 14.8A, 14.8A respectively.
    When unplugged, the reading remains the same.

The power bars are plugged into battery backup units so power fluctuations should not be a problem.
    I don't recall if this issue corresponded with a firmware update.
    I have 3 power bars running total, only 2 are displaying these incorrect values.
    Last edited by MitchM; 03.05.2014 at 13:29.

ok, we check