Thread: Upgrading to FW 6.06 from older FW versions

Default Upgrading to FW 6.06 from older FW versions

If I am currently using an older version of FW (something in the 517 or 516 range) what is the upgrade path?

Do I need to go incrementally to 603 > 604 > 605 > 606 and use my current PLC?

or can I use the currently installed PLC on my laptop (5.X) and upgrade directly to 6.06

Or do I have to update the PLC first to the latest and THEN upgrade FW?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Allen

Allen I believe you SAVE your settings, then you can update to 6.06 FW version and then PLC after. Should NOT be an issue.
    Always have the back up files current just in case.

Did this today. Upgrade to the latest. My mitras then went nuts until I upgraded the profilux software from 5172 to the newest software. Once I downloaded my mitras 6200 program the rest was gravy. Worth the hassle. If there is any way I can help I will.

I did save my settings from the old firmware and reload them after the firmware upgrade btw.

you can always upgrade directly from one version to another, steps between are never necessary

only speciality: when doing a major upgrade (e.g. 5xxx to 6.xx) you first have to do the update with the older PLC matching to the current firmware (e.g. 5.x.x.x), after the update you must use the newest PLC (here: 6.x.x.x)
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.