Thread: Salve Doser on PAB

Default Salve Doser on PAB

Can a slave doser be connected to the controller via PAB? I have a PAB in a remote location that is connected to the controller and want to add a doser i the remote location.

No. A doser is only connectable to a switching port like S1S4 or S5S8 or to a daisy-chained one via Powerbar 6D

thanks, i should have been more clear. I have a Powerbar 6d in teh remote location. Can i dasiy chain the doser into one of the ethernet jacks on the power bar?

If it's a Powerbar 6D: Yes, but you have to do the numbering on the S- port first
    If it's a Powerbar 6D PAB: No

Sorry to ask stupid questions, but how would I know the difference? is it a matter of how the power bar is connected to the controller i.e. the PAB or S1S4 receptacles

The bars are different devices (the PAB has some more options like current measurement) and also the connection is different (PAB port vs. digital S-Port).
    If you try to put the 8-pin western plug of PAB into the S-Port, you wil fail due it´s too wide, if you try to put the 6-pin western plug of a digital device into the PAB port, you will find that it doesn´t fit - it´s too loose.

In any cases: There is a nameplate on the device which shows up the name: Powerbar6D or Powerbar6D-PAB. The devices are not interchangeable.

would an expansion box work? In other words, if i connected an expansion box to my PAB power bar could I connect and controller the doser via the expansion box?

would an expansion box work? In other words, if i connected an expansion box to my PAB power bar could I connect and controller the doser via the expansion box?
    In general: No, due the expansion box has no S-ports. With the additional card PLM-4L2S it would be possible (not available at the moment / delivery time 8-10 weeks / limited availability in the future)