Thread: dim power bar

Default dim power bar

am using profilux dimbar with t5 , I notice when I go to 0% the light will go off , but I keep hearing faint clicking noise from both ballast (each one plugged in one of the two socket) is this normal?
    thanks

Hello

please have a look at this excerpt from the Powerbar2Dim manual:

"You are only allowed to connect electrical consumers that can be dimmed with phase controlled modulation. These are generally ohmic
    and slightly inductive consumers such as usual bulbs, several motors and glow bars.
    At any rate you may not connect conventional or electronical ballasts, as they are used e.g. for the operation of fluorescent tubes or metal
    halide lamps, except the manufacturer permits explicitely the usage with a phase controlled modulation dimmer."

Is your T5 lamp actually suited for dimming with phase controlled modulation?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Yes , it is , am using a mark 10 ballast. It works fine except the clicking noise after it goes to 0%

The Powerbar2Dim can't produce the clicking noise.
    But you could contact the manufacturer of the ballast if it could cause the clicking sound.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

The clicking noise is not from the powerbar, it's from the ballast ( both ballast doing it). If I unplug the lights it stops, I think the when the dim down to 0% still some current going to the ballast , I will switch to the EVG since Iit shut power totally off.o
    I know it's not the powerbar since I have 2 and it's the same with both.

Hi!
    I'm trying to hook a ballast up to L1L2 and there is a extra signal in the interface for controling the relay on/off.
    So in a L1L2 cable from the profilux there is 2 channels 1-10V each for dimming, then there is two on/off signals for each channel and then there is GND.
    Could it be the on/off for the relay that you are hearing?
    I could be completely off, in that case I'm sorry. Just trying to figur out how to connect my ballast to the L1L2.
    BR
    Oscar

Do you have a EVG-AP in order to connect the ballast? In the manual of that article it is exactly explained how to wire everyhting.