Thread: MH and power bar

Default MH and power bar

hi,
    I have giesemann 2x150 w, I have both analog 4 socket bower bar as well 6 socket digital bar, I live in Canada , can I use the analog one or should I use the digital , ?
    the fixture has 2 transformer to change from 110v to 220v
    thanks

Anyone

I think both of them can be used.

I tried the analog one, it worked for few mints the it shut down, I checked the powerbar and all the socket did not work , I thought the power bar gone. But after unplugging then re plug it worked for few mints an shutdown.
    Tested the power bar with other items like pump, heater it seems to work will ?!
    Am afraide to try on the digital bar

Can you describe more detailed what happens when you connect the transformers? What exactly doesn't work?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolin View Post
    Can you describe more detailed what happens when you connect the transformers? What exactly doesn't work?
    When I plug the light it will trurn on , and after 2-5 mints it shuts off and the powerbar will die , non of the sckoet will response , I have to wait for few mints then the powerbar comes on. It seems the powerbar turns off maybe as a safety feature am not sure.

This behaviour is very likely caused by an overload of the STDL4 (please think of the high inrush current).
    Therefore we guess that the Powerbar will behave the same way when you connect the devices there.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

What if I get the GHL expanstion sockets bar since I am in canada.
    Thanks

the expansion sockets are exactly designed for this purpose - yes they will cure this