Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help remote access profilux

Default Help remote access profilux

I have a profilux 3 ex and i don't know how to connect my profilux to internet for remote access (from computer and from smartphone). Can anyone help me step by step and say to me all necessary settings? My internet connection has a static ip.

Thanks a lot!

Do you have 3ex or 3N eX? Is LAN card installed?
    If you have 3 eX you are not able to access your ProfiLux with the smartphone.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi Mistral

If you still have issues with connection then send me a private message and i'll try and help. I'm on traveling on business at the moment but will get back to you asap.

Rob

Do you have 3ex or 3N eX? Is LAN card installed?
    To be exact, there are three (aka six if you count the ex versions separate) Versions of the PL 3:

• PL 3 (ex) - older version / black connector sockets / with LAN socket and webserver - able to connect via ProfiLuxcontrol, Web or App
    • PL 3.1N (ex) - new version / colored connector sockets / with LAN socket and webserver - able to connect via ProfiLuxcontrol, Web or App
    • PL 3.1A (ex) - new version / colored connector sockets / without LAN socket, no webserver - able to connect via ProfiLuxcontrol but not via Web or App

If you have 3 eX you are not able to access your ProfiLux with the smartphone.
    That´s wrong, the PL3 and 3.1N are able to, the PL 3.1A and the PL II are not.

In general, you should
    • set a static IP for your PL inside the Profilux (ProfiluxControl->System->LAN)
    • set passwords for connection of ProfiluxControl and Web access (security!)
    • forward the port you want to use as Web/App connection (mostly 80) inside your router to port 80 of the chosen internal IP
    • forward the port you want to use for ProfiluxControl (mostly 10001) inside your router to port 10001 of the chosen internal IP

If you do so, you should be able to connect the webserver by http://<static_ip> (or http://<static_ip>:<port> inf port is different from 80)
    For ProfiluxControl you set your static IP and port 10001 (or the one you chose)
    Last edited by Gunther; 25.02.2014 at 10:51.

Thanks Gunther, I have forgotten PL3, thought about PL3.1.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thanks to all.

I managed to access to profilux from remote pc (through web interface), but not from android app: connecting, retrieving data, no response from the device!
    Do you know what is the issue?

Another question: It is possible to switch on or off any socket through web interface? I can't see all my sockets on my web interface (probably the sockets set as always off don't appear in web interface). Can I display these switched off sockets? and turn on them?

Which firmware version is installed? You need at least version 5.17 to access to ProfiLux with the app.

All switch sockets are displayed in switch tab. You can configure overview tab by pressing "settings" button in top right corner of the page.

I have 5.15. Can I update to 6.05 firmware version directly or i need to install an older version before?

You can update directly, but you have to respect the following:

- Perform the update with ProfiluxControl 5.x (not yet with 6.x - a try with PLC 6.x will fail)
    - Connect afterwards with the matching ProfiluxControl 6.x (not with 5.x anymore)

So, I can save all my Profilux settings by ProfiluxControl 5.x and update to firmware 6.05. Then, I have to use ProfiluxControl 6.x to re-transmit all settings to Profilux. That's right?