Thread: Mitras USB connection issues using VMWare virtual PC on Mac

Default Mitras USB connection issues using VMWare virtual PC on Mac

I cannot get the USB to connect using my virtual machine on the Mac for my mitras lamp. The virtual machine recognizes the lamp via USB; however, when I click on the connect button, it quickly unselects itself. I know that this is not a virtual PC/USB issue because my virtual pc recognizes the Profilux via USB with no problems. Is there a driver that is needed for this lamp to be recognized?

Also, my iPhone app is very sporadic with its connection to the Profilux. It works 50% of the time and then other times, it may take multiple attempts for the connection to establish and actually work.

I am getting very ********** with how "clunky" the software for the Profilux and Mitras is. It is as if I am using windows 95 all over again. Are there any plans to revamp the software and, hopefully, go to a web-based system so that my Mac is no longer an issue with connectivity? I have purchased 2 profilux systems and 3 mitras, and if I continue to have such headaches with connectivity, I am going to sell and go with another system. I REALLY like the Profilux and the Mitras lamps when they are functional, but I am getting very ********** with the continued issues every time I go to connect to my system.

Thanks for any help!

Do you use the app in your local network?

Please post screenshots of your device manager and connection settings in GHLControlCenter.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I use the app both on local network and when away. My ISP was blocking port 80, so I figured out a workaround. It works great now.

I will try to post screenshots of GHLcontrol tonight. I am expecting to receive my Mitras wireless control card in a day or two, so this may solve my connection issue as well (since my profilux connects with no issues)