Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USB Connection problem using Parallels in Mac OS X Mavericks

Default USB Connection problem using Parallels in Mac OS X Mavericks

I recently purchased a new laptop (Macbook Pro) and installed Paralells Desktop 9 to install Windows 7 so that I can control all 24 of our Mitras in-store.

When I connect via USB, I am getting the following error:

It looks like the Paralles doesn't forwarding your usb device to windows, check the settings of parallels.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Could you be more specific on what settings to change?

It seems to detect the lights no problem but when I choose windows as the operating system that the USB connects to, it gives me that error.

Hello, I've checked it today. Unfortunately I can't help you - it is a parallels problem. MacOs Mavericks shows the device, so there are no problems with Mac and Mitras. Please contact Parallels support.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I have also installed Windows with Bootcamp and can connect Mitras to Mac.

I ran into the same problem and ended up resorting to running a cheap PC at the tank. I use OSX Mavericks, Parallels 8, Windows XP.

Same here. I have 3 Apple devices in the home, all running OSX and none of them could connect to the Mitras regardless of which Virtual image I ran. I tried Parallels 9 with Win XP, Win Vista and Win 7. I tried Virtualbox with Win XP, Win Vista and Win 7 and finally VMWARE with Win XP, Win Vista and Win 7 and none of those Virtualisation applications would allow the Mitras to connect. All were passing through USB device from OS X to Windows, but all came up with a similar error messages.

I think it's a problem with the Mitras software as it's difficuly to see how 3 different OS X devices running 3 different types of Virtualisation software and 3 different versions of Windows will result in the same error messages.

I finally ran a bootcamp version of Windows 7 and the Mitras will connect that way. So I know it's not a hardware problem of the devices, it's associated with the software itself. Maybe it's the driver which is supplied with the GHL Control Center? The funny thing is though that the "old" Profilux Control software works fine via USB and through a virtual image.

Has there been any further progress on this?

Unfortunately not on my end. It still doesn't connect to my macbook running parallels and windows. I use an old windows PC.

Same here