Thread: Controlling dimmable generic LED light with Profilux 3

Default Controlling dimmable generic LED light with Profilux 3

Hi everyone!I purchased 2 generic no name 120 watt dimmable led lights from a reputable source and I'm wondering if it can be controlled by my Profilux 3.1N.If it can be then what and how do I go about it.Thank you all for your time and anticipated response.

Kindly,
    Ed

Without further infomatins about the lamp, needed voltage and current, how the dimming is controlled and the avaiable ports and connectors we only can say: Maybe .... but we need more informations.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    Without further infomatins about the lamp, needed voltage and current, how the dimming is controlled and the avaiable ports and connectors we only can say: Maybe .... but we need more informations.
    Hi Gunther and thx for the response.Yeah the lamp has a built-in ballast and dimming is controlled manually.It is 120 watt power,20,000 color temperature and 120 volts AC.I'm hoping to hook it up via Profilux and control the gradual percentage of the ON/OFF and also create a moon phase mode IF I could.Thanks for your time and anticipated response.

Kindly,
    Ed
    Last edited by Flameangel; 24.01.2014 at 17:13.

dimming is controlled manually
    How? With a potentiometer? If it is so, it may be possible to rework the device. However it needs to open the device and electric skills.

Have in mind: Wrong handling of AC voltage makes you small, black and smoky.

The dimming portion has a knob and it turns ON/OFF the unit and controls the power from minimum to max.It is built in the unit outside of the casing.
    Last edited by Flameangel; 24.01.2014 at 22:26.