Thread: First time setup questions

Default First time setup questions

Hi,

I am trying to setup Profilux Plus II for the first time. I have two questions:

1) Regarding the temp probe. After I connected it, it shows 79.8F however my Ranco shows 78F and my little floating glass therm shows 76F. Does the temp probe needs to be calibrated?

2) Regarding the PH probe. It shows like 5.67 after connected. Does the PH probe also needs to be calibrated for its first use.

Both of the probes are brand new I believe.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by dwsps180 View Post
    1) Regarding the temp probe. After I connected it, it shows 79.8F however my Ranco shows 78F and my little floating glass therm shows 76F. Does the temp probe needs to be calibrated?
    No, the temperature sensor usually doesn't need to be calibrated. But if you like to have the sensor show the values of the other thermometers, then you can adjust the sensor to them. Here is how to do this:
    http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Foru...read.php?t=357

Quote Originally Posted by dwsps180 View Post
    2) Regarding the PH probe. It shows like 5.67 after connected. Does the PH probe also needs to be calibrated for its first use.
    The pH-probe must be calibrated before its first use! Therefore you need two calibration fluids, 4 + 7 for fresh water or 7 + 9 for salt water. In the manual you can read unter pH/Calibration how the calibration works.

Ok, thanks!

Somehow today the temp value is similar to the others so I think it is fine now.

I have the calibrate fluid and will calibrate the PH probe tmrw.

Actually I have some left over Pinpoint PH calibration fluid, can I use those?

Yes, if you have fluids for the two required calibration values, you can use them.

Ok, now that Temp and PH are fine, moving onto software. How do I find out what's the current firmware I have so I can download the correct control software?

Thanks again!

Two possibilities:
    1. Disconnect and connect again the power plug of ProfiLux --> the firmware version is displayed
    2. Under Extras/Info&Support the version is also displayed

found it, thx!