Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Connection Issues with Mitras and Bootcamped Mac

Default Connection Issues with Mitras and Bootcamped Mac

Hey all, (still a little new to all this forum edicate)

I have just received my mitras 6200 and I am having trouble with connecting it to my MacBook Pro. I am running bootcamp and Windows 7. The copy of windows isn't entirely legit (morally its ok - long story). Anyway after connecting the mitras I have been given to install the device driver. I can (and have) update the device driver. I have updated the description (under administrator) to the virtual com port (COM4). Everytime I attempt to connect it asks if I want to view the settings.

If anyone has any ideas that would be appreciated,

Cheers,

Rob.

PS - does anyone know if the fact the i am running a dodgy copy of windows would impact the connection?

does the Windows device manager show an entry for the Mitras virtual com port?

unplug / plug again the USB conection and see what happens in the device manager
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi Matthias,

I tried to disconnect and then connect the mitras and all that happened is that the virtual communication Port 4 disappeared and then reappeared. So the computer is recognizing the mitras it appears that GCC cannot connect?

Any other ideas? I have taken some photos of the windows but I am unable to post them - would it be easier if I pm'd them to you?

ok, this shows that Mitras is recognized and there is no driver problem (I think there is no exclamation mark on the entry)

I have updated the description (under administrator) to the virtual com port (COM4).
    not clear what you mean

set the COM-port to 4 rather than "automatic"

maybe post a screenshot of your connection settings
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Last edited by ackwasoldier; 26.01.2014 at 02:02.

IMG_0362-1.jpg
    IMG_0363-1.jpg

I hope these are helpful. I still can't really understand what the issue is...

Set up baudrate of driver to 38400 instead of 9600 and test it.

Yeah mate, I just tried it. It still wouldn't connect.

I've just seen that you have old driver. Uninstall old driver, download new version of GHL Control Center and install the new one.
    Try to set COM-port setting to auto. We've tried GHL Control Center on Bootcamp and it works like Windows PC.

Hey,

I just uninstalled the driver, installed the latest software and then reinstalled the new driver (I think because I am not totally confident with Windows system). It still does not want to connect. Would you consider controlling my computer remotely?

Cheers,

Rob