Thread: PowerBar PAB error

Default PowerBar PAB error

Hello!

Searched this extensive and excellent forum for a solution/similar problem, but came up with zilch. Here is my problem:

Been developing quite an extensive double system (main tank + separate quarantine). Partly aquarium freek and partly tech geek I've automated, well, everything... Now I connect my last PowerBar (there are no more available sockets) and when I assign the new PowerBar (just purchased (together with 3 others), FW 1.08) I get a PABCOM error and a lot of disabled probes suddenly get enabled (and thus gives an error). After a while (say 30 sec) the PowerBar in question gets disabled (the tick-square in the assign menu again is unticked automatically) and the remaining PowerBars and other PAB-units work as before. I've tried a PAB-reset and complete power shutdown. Any units down stream of the unit in question doesn't get any PAB signal, BUT is visible in the assignment menu of the Profilux?!? Also, sometimes the PowerBar unit in question (S/N ending with 71) is visible TWICE in the assignment menu (2014-01-15 20.22.16.jpg; the ...38 is a downstream Touch).

Again, I've tried a PAB-reset and switched/replaced cables and relative placement in the PAB-chain. It's always the ...71 unit behaving like above.

Suggestions? Troubleshoot? Defective?

Tx in advance!

Maybe you build a loop connection at the PAB?

Important:
    At the PAB there are always two unconnected PAB ports left (at a device or ProfiLux), means each last PAB member at the bus has a free PAB port
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thank for troubleshooting!

No, no loop in effect. One free PAB-port in my Profilux IIIex and one free PAB-port in the last PAB-unit (and if the ...71 powerbar is in the PAB-chain, no downstream units are visible).

I'm having trouble to see any other explanation than a defective powerbar, but I'm definitely open to other troubleshooting suggestions!

Done more troubleshooting. Pulling PAB-cables in and out, connecting in different order and numbers, always with a PAB systemreset in between. This is what I've come up with:

1. When the ...71 PowerBar is connected alone nothing strange happens. All the sockets in it switch normally and responds to manual control.
    2. When I connect all PAB units EXCEPT PowerBar ...71 everything is working OK. The last unit (a Profilux Touch) is happy and is assignable in the Profilux IIIex.
    3. When I replace ONE PowerBar with the ...71 PowerBar (that is EXACTLY the same PAB chain as in point 2, but with a DIFFERENT PowerBar (the ...71) unit) the downstream units behave strangely. The Profilux Touch is not assignable, and when trying to assign it again it shows up TWICE in the menu: 2014-01-17 00.34.04.jpg. When clicking the Profilux Touch in ProfiLuxControl (6.0.5.0) the ProfiLuxControl crashes with a Communication error 41 message.

My solid conclusion is that there is something fishy with the PAB-communication hardware/software of the ...71 PowerBar. It's purchased at the same time as 3 other PowerBars; all behaving nicely, and all with the same FW (1.08).

Any other suggestions, or should I contact my retailer?

In this case the powerbar with the serial ...71 maybe has a problem at the PAB port(s).
    The problem is not firmware related, because the powerbar would not work, even as a single device.

I think the best solution is to send the powerbar to GHL for a examination.
    Please contact your retailer for further details.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.