Thread: Error while transmitting Firmware

Default Error while transmitting Firmware

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade my FW on my Profilux 3.1n to the 6.0.4 version. This is the error I am getting. I am connected through the RS232 connection.

fw error.JPG

Ever since this happened yesterday, when I click on system in Profilux Control 6.0.4 it kicks me out and says error 41. What's going on!?

Profilux Control 6.0.4
    Profilux 3.1n FW version 6.0.0.0

Use flasher-tool to upgrade FW is another option.

Here is the screen shot for the error I get when I try to access the system menu.

Comm error.JPG

I believe I had to do that the last time I went from 5. whatever to 6.0.0.0. It's a little ridiculous if I have to do that every time I want to upgrade the firmware isn't it?

I think I know what your problem is.

You have a PLM-PWC and one of your Mitras is still configured as Master, right?

They must all be slaves otherwise communication collisions occur.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Ok, so if this communication collision occurred, how do I fix it?

I removed the PLM-PWC card and set the Mitras back to one master and two slaves sot he tank wasn't without light. Should I use the Flash Tool FW updater on the Profilux? If so, do you have a manual on how to do this?

Thanks,
    Scott

I don't understand what you mean

if you want to update then do this with the normal procedure - since you solved the communication collision by removing the PLM-PWC this should be possible now

if not the read the instructions in the download area for an emergency update
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

It's quite simple. When I try to update the firmware on my profilux using Profilux Control 6.0.4 I now get the error that I posted a screen capture of in the first post. When I get home from work in a week I will try the FW update again. If it doesn't work then I will attempt the emergency update.

I found the emergency update in the downloads and I have a question. I will be using the USB method, but what exactly do you mean by using a Jumper. I haven't opened the box up since I am at work but do you actually want me to attach a wire between two points? Was a jumper included in the original box? I don't want to fry the profilux.

Thanks,
    Scott

For anyone that needs to do this in the future, my Profilux 3.1n eX HAD a jumper already on the one post. All I had to do was lift it off, turn it 90 degrees, and put it over both JP1 posts. After that I used the flash tool, the FW 6.0.5 file, and had a successful update. I can now go into the system tab!!!