Thread: PH & Temperature & Conductivity Electrodes

Default PH & Temperature & Conductivity Electrodes

Dear all,

This might be a stupid question from my side; but anyway.

Can someone please tell me how is it about lifetime of Temperature, PH and Conductivity electrode; do they need to be replaced or, ... ?

Thank you and Br,

Andrej

The lifetime is differeent:
    - Temperature probe may stay for years. Only risk is mechanical damage and that it become leaky (don´t submerse it completely)
    - Conductivity also may be good for years, however, it depends on cleaning and water conditions
    - ph probes are expendable parts and may stay for two or three years, maybe a little longer, in best cases

A glass refillable pH probe can last a few years longer than a "plastic" non-refillable probe. But it also depends on regular maintenance and the waterconditions.

But such a pH probe is a bit more expensive. When you look at the costs I think it will not make much of a difference. You will just have to replace place it less times, so it is for the lazy people, like me

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    The lifetime is differeent:
    - Temperature probe may stay for years. Only risk is mechanical damage and that it become leaky (don´t submerse it completely)
    - Conductivity also may be good for years, however, it depends on cleaning and water conditions
    - ph probes are expendable parts and may stay for two or three years, maybe a little longer, in best cases