Thread: Can not connect via LAN

Default Can not connect via LAN

So I have connected a LAN cable from my Windows 7 lap to to my P3. Lights on both ports are active but unable to connect using PLC TC/IP option. Connecting via USB cable using RS232 option no problem. Any advise? Thanks
    Profilux 3 EX, Doser, Touch, Mitras x 4, Tunze Pump Control, and all the probes. 250G (84x28x24) mixed reef running since 2007.

I guess you are referring to this. Usually, I use this for wifi connection ( assuming you have a proper setup wifi router ).
    Wireless connection setting.jpg

I believe I need to connect via LAN before I can set up a WLAN
    Profilux 3 EX, Doser, Touch, Mitras x 4, Tunze Pump Control, and all the probes. 250G (84x28x24) mixed reef running since 2007.

Similar problem also happens to me. It is suggested a fixed IP address is necessary. Shall we try.

A direct connection from one device to an other is general different to a "normal" connection to a router/switch.

A router provide a so called DHCP service. This service assign IP addresses to clients (devices like PC, printers, ...) in your network.

At a direct connection you have to set up the IP address (and other settings) at your devices manually to a fixed address.
    And the addresses of the devices shouldn't be equal.
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thank you for your help. I figured that a direct PC to PLC connection would take some work. I just connected my PL to my newly installed Netgear wifi access point and connected instantly with PLC using the default TC/IP in PLC. Stupid simple!! ALLES GUT!

Even got my iPhone connected